PDA

View Full Version : as anybody else found 10mg cit to be effective in panic disorder

scottishcantona
20-03-11, 20:43
Hi, currently restarting my citalopram, 3rd time over 10 years and into week one on 10mg, does anybody have any experience of staying on this dose and finding it works, I usually go up to 20mg and this works but have never stayed at 10mg. I have panic disorder/Gad and Social anxiety. I appreciate medicines effect each and everyone of us in different ways, comments would be welcome of peoples own dosage. Thank you :)

Megan73
21-03-11, 20:07
Hello

I was on 10mg for many years and I felt it really helped just keep me in a "better frame of mind" to cope with anxiety. I started on 20mg and then went down to 10mg. I eventually stopped taking it but unfortunately I'm back on 20mg. I think I wouldn't have had such a bad relapse if I'd just stayed at 10mg but thought I'd better come off it after so many years.

One word of warning the second time I started 20mg the side effects were horrendous but I realise everyone is different.

Megan

scottishcantona
22-03-11, 10:21
This will be my 3rd time on citalopram Megan, twice on paroxetine before, 2nd time was the worst for me as well, this time around not the worst just a little uncomfortable at times.
I can relate to the better frame of mind. Usually in my second week I go up to 20mg, however for the moment I am sticking with 10mg and waiting for my first referral for cbt to come through.
I am hoping this time to keep medications to a minimum, however that is open and I am prepared to change my mind if necassary.
Many thanks for your reply. Take care and hopefully things work out for you this time, relapses suck !! x