PDA

View Full Version : weight loss, and panicing

saintdee
20-03-11, 22:43
i have lost a stone in the last couple of months and its really causing me to panic like crazy. i have also been very anxious and depressed for last few months, far more so than ever. i have lost my appetite and am just tired and lo, cant get motivated for anything. can anyone tell me if axiety and depression can cause weight loss?

nomorepanic
20-03-11, 22:53
If you have lost your appetite then weightloss is inevitable as you are not on the full amount of calories a day.

People with anxiety do go through phases of not eating and hence weightloss.

FaithInHim
21-03-11, 00:38
I also lost weight. I felt nauseous all the time and nothing tasted right to me. My mouth was always very dry.

Mic
21-03-11, 11:26
I lost weight and was the same trembling tummy shakes feeling sick tired, etc etc, you have to try and eat I had bananas, ready brek, toast crackers just ea anything you can, don't expect to put your weight back on in a hurry either as anxiety and stress burn of calories quicker too so like all of us with these symptoms stay off the scales drink plenty of water too, talk to you doctor about any vits that may help, the main think is to try and ignore it, this is difficult but it's the only way forward accept you have lost he weight, accept it may take a very long time to put it back on, eat whatever you fancy within reason as you need to try slow release foods,I do feel for you as this ws an awful time for me and I still have to keep up with cals as my weight is very hard to maintain, but hey ho that's life and we have to try and stop our worrying.:hugs:

Zee
21-03-11, 14:33
I lost 3 stones in just over 12 months through anxiety and drastically reduced eating. Used to love my food..but this anxiety really can cause big weight loss.