PDA

View Full Version : What is this anxiety symptoms or ??

honeyp1e
20-03-11, 22:44
Well i didn't no wether to post this here or in the Ibs or panic symptoms so just putting it here anyway here goes...

i always have this feeling of nervous stomach / butterflies all from my belly button downwards it feels like i have diarrhea only am always constipated so don't go the loo i just get the feelings also lower back pain etc...
i can also get bad contraction type pains / nausea / bad trapped wind (can feel it now) & i can be wide awake one minute then really exhausted /tired the next minute i have to have a sleep as i get really drained / exhausted & my eyes just start to shut and i have to go have a lie down.... my weight is also still dropping from not eating....

its worse if am sitting there with negative thinking then it comes or if i eat certain foods (coke/ some chocolate / spicy food then it kicks off.....
i get so bloated & the more i think & worry about all this the worse they get !!
and am at the point that am not eating due to fear of it happening again

am so scared to eat or drink anything !!!!

does this sound like my anxiety is making ibs worse or ??

nomorepanic
20-03-11, 22:58
I believe your diet is rubbish from what you have said before - is that correct?

Until you sort the diet out you are going to get all sorts of problems in this department

scaredstiff695
20-03-11, 23:10
hi
i don't no anything about ibs but it does sound a little like certain foods set off your anxiety wonder if the foods are all high in sugar etc. and if like i can do with certain things you are making it bigger problem then it actually is. well your anxiety is making it bigger. x
our bodies react differently with anxiety. you say negative thougtp come at same time that would indicate a fair bit of anxiety x x

honeyp1e
20-03-11, 23:11
I believe your diet is rubbish from what you have said before - is that correct?

Until you sort the diet out you are going to get all sorts of problems in this department

my diet is TERRIBLE but there again i dont even have a diet anymore am basically having hardly anything i have no appetite but what am feeling right now is really worrying me more than anything the main things from worse downwards are -

nervous type feeling just above pubic line like i have diarrhea only i don't actually go the toilet as i don't need to !! (this can happen anytime but usually if am thinking negative or certain foods will trigger it off)

bloatednes (feels like i've swallowed a ball of air) and i get lower back pain soon as am bloated and this can even be when i havent eaten a thing
water bash
lower back pain
nausea when feeling so bloated
constipated
contraction type pains
pains all over hips
stomach spasms usually around my belly button area
no appetite
no energy (my whole body just dont want to move)
no motivation
burning between shoulder blades and just below ribs
fullness just below ribs can be relieved sometimes when rubbed
totally feeling exhausted and i could be full of energy two mins b4 this happens
dizzyness/ light headed
trembles
shakes
dizzyness
trapped wind (some-days i can pass loats of wind and still be full of it ) (feel it always spinning all over stomach)

ive had so many tests and nothing shows up apart from one of my bloods they show high allergies but doc not to worried ?????

i just dont no what to do anymore my anxiety is sky high and i feel like giving up i just want to be able to eat normal and start getting my life back but how can i eat with no appetite or when am feeling so bloated ??

scaredstiff695
20-03-11, 23:14
plus

high sugar foods can make you tired as well as worry!! and your worryi.
i eat a lot of junk food and been to asda today and bought all healthy fresh food to start again. as i get bloated and tiredness and my anxiety hightdmp cos i start feeling rubbish x

scaredstiff695
20-03-11, 23:18
i get wind sounds wrong lol and dodgy tommy mainly when anxiety levels high i was told its something to do with the way our body reacts to anxiety and i was told that by two professionals and without me asking lol. x x

honeyp1e
20-03-11, 23:19
hi
i don't no anything about ibs but it does sound a little like certain foods set off your anxiety wonder if the foods are all high in sugar etc. and if like i can do with certain things you are making it bigger problem then it actually is. well your anxiety is making it bigger. x
our bodies react differently with anxiety. you say negative thougtp come at same time that would indicate a fair bit of anxiety x x

my eating is terrible right now and has been for a long while i have been living on just bread/ biscuits and chocolate for about 18 months am really trying my hardest now to stay away from them today i have only had 4choc digestives n 2 custard creams (which is good for me) no chocolate (which is brilliant i really need to sort out my diet but then its all my negative thinking i have to deal with

scaredstiff695
20-03-11, 23:26
yeah i no what you mean. when I'm thinking negative or having bad day i grab rubbish or order Chinese for tea cos can't be bothered strangest thing my kids are health i will cool good for them lol. well last week my husband been commuting and i have eaten better apart from through the day. not been able to leave house cos my boy got chicken pox has made me grab for chocola. well not bought any in so if i want any got to walk and get some so better. and bought nice health easy meals all fresh x x
it might help the negative thougtp if you start eating heathw cos your body would feel better.
strawberries are good thing. also dates but they would make you need toilet lol x

nomorepanic
20-03-11, 23:30
Go to your doctor and ask to be referred to a dietician

Until you sort the diet out you are starving your body and it will rebel BIG time.

All of these problems can be related to your diet and we keep advising you to sort that out first.

honeyp1e
21-03-11, 00:45
Go to your doctor and ask to be referred to a dietician

Until you sort the diet out you are starving your body and it will rebel BIG time.

All of these problems can be related to your diet and we keep advising you to sort that out first.

its ok people saying sort your diet out but i just don't have an appetite at all and when i do feel hungry i get so scared to eat that i just don't eat or i make a ham sandwich like i did today i had about 3small bites next min i just put it in the bin due to all the worry and negative thinking going round in my head will this kick off my so called ibs or will it make me feel bloated/sick etc,,,,
i have seen a dietitian many of times which they just said eat little and often but ive explained to them everything i est is starting to hurt my belly my next appointment with them is not until end of may
like now i feel i could eat something well i feel hungry but i fear food to much and having a phobia of vomiting plays a big part in this

honeyp1e
21-03-11, 00:47
yeah i no what you mean. when I'm thinking negative or having bad day i grab rubbish or order Chinese for tea cos can't be bothered strangest thing my kids are health i will cool good for them lol. well last week my husband been commuting and i have eaten better apart from through the day. not been able to leave house cos my boy got chicken pox has made me grab for chocolate. well not bought any in so if i want any got to walk and get some so better. and bought nice health easy meals all fresh x x
it might help the negative thought if you start eating heath cos your body would feel better.
strawberries are good thing. also dates but they would make you need toilet lol x

if i could just get rid of this sickly bloated feeling i would eat more am even trying to quit smoking now which is hard

scaredstiff695
21-03-11, 01:08
i wonder if you feel sicky through like of food/appetite.

i would try and set a target of eating something.
but make it something light.
ham sandwich is a heavy thing try a yogurt.
light and not ver filling. xx

honeyp1e
21-03-11, 09:47
I just can't eat anything when feeling so bloated / trapped wind as I get light headed / nausea n just can't look at food if I got something to rid this trapped wind then I could eat something also the worse is the rumbling / gurling noises just top of my bottom and above pubic line, it basically feels like I've swollowed a air bubble or the feeling I need to shoot the loo but I could be sitting there hours n nothing happens

harasgenster
21-03-11, 10:00
Hi Honeypie, I definitely agree that this is caused by lack of food!

I understand where you're coming from with having problems getting yourself to eat the right things. Food can be a big source of anxiety for many people, whether it is due to them worrying about weight, vomiting, food poisoning...there are loads of reasons, so I imagine it's probably a common problem! And of cause many anxious people lose their appetite.

You're right that it's no good people just telling you to eat a normal diet if you are struggling to do so for psychological reasons, or for physical ones! I used to have eating disorders and, although I'm no longer ill that way, if I'm stressed I can feel very hungry but the thought of food makes me wretch - it's all psychological, and it is really hard to eat if you're really not enjoying it! Equally, if you've been starving yourself, your body will not take food too well and you will feel ill when you eat. This is TEMPORARY, though. If you push through and keep eating your symptoms will get better and food won't be as nauseating. When I had been starving myself, the people around me would sit me down and force me to eat. I'd wretch where my stomach had been empty for so long but I was NEVER actually sick. Small bites, spread far apart, eat VERY slowly.

Get back to your doctor. If you're having problems eating they will help you. You may be able to see a therapist more quickly if they realise that you're struggling with your diet and a dietician, like has been mentioned here, could probably help you a lot.

Also, go to your chemist and pick up some Complan. This is a thick, calorific drink. It will probably settle on your stomach more easily and could relieve your symptoms, then just keep adding more and more solid food back into your diet :)

Katie6
21-03-11, 11:46
Maybe if you could start eating a little better, some symptoms may ease up a bit, leaving you feeling a liitle better, and therefore able to eat. Maybe you could try eating normal meals, ie cereal for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and a cooked meal in the evening but start with a tiny portion, just get your stomach used to new food, also try when its time to eat, watch the tv or someting so you are not focusing too much on the eating. I have just come through a really bad patch, i had a really bad relapse of my M.E, after having a virus and i was stuck in constant panic/anxiety attack i also felt very down. Whilst going through this, i had no appetite, i would just look at food and think there is no way that i could eat, my stomach was constantly churning, i was totally bloated my ibs had gone off the scale, i was constipated, yet felt like i needed to go all the time, so i can understand how you are feeling. I get hypoglycemic type symptoms, if i don't eat regurally, so uless i wanted to feel a whole lot worst than i had to force myself to eat. it wasn't easy, but it has helped i was eating very small meals at the right time and was gradually able to build up what i was eating and am now sort of enjoying my food again, the only meal time i am still finding a little difficult is breakfast, but not as bad as it was.

I think you are stuck in a vicious circle of anxiety around eating, causing you digestive symptoms, causing more anxiety, causing more symptoms and lack of food making it all worst etc etc, the only way to get over this is to break the cycle, and start small and build up. xx

honeyp1e
21-03-11, 13:12
i have been the doctors this morning and explained that i cant eat as i feel that i have sat and ate a 10 course meal my stomach is so sore/bloated hip pain & lower back pain but i woke up hungry and had some toast then a hour so later i was hungry again and had a packet of snack a jacks rice cakes and within two mins i just get the worse nausea feeling and feel like i have just eaten another 3 course meals my lower back is in pain & my hips and i just feel that i have swallowed a big air bubble i don't no how to budge this & just above my pubic line feels hard etc i have the feeling in my back passage (sorry) that i need to pass wind or have a bowel movement but nothing is coming out the doctor has just given me colpermin i no as soon as this bloated n fullness feeling goes i can eat but i don't no how to get rid of it ????

Katie6
21-03-11, 13:14
What did your Doctor think was causing all your digestive discomfort?

honeyp1e
21-03-11, 17:45
What did your Doctor think was causing all your digestive discomfort?

she never really said anything just that my diet is poor as i dont have an appetite and no food in the system wont make the bowels move but its really affecting me today am so bloated/ nausea / constipated / lower back pain and pains above pubic line and the worse rumbling just above pubic bone & lower back but i just cant eat as every spoon full or bite i get a wave of nausea an feel like ive just eaten a 3course meal :( and i get bad water bash

my pains could all be down to anxiety / acid or just ibs i have a scope tomorrow morning

scaredstiff695
21-03-11, 19:55
i really think a lot of this is because you haven't eaten. you have shrunk your stomach. . so when you feel hungry you are over powering it make it feel very very bloated. x x

honeyp1e
21-03-11, 21:58
i no the more i don't eat the more bloated and full of wind my stomach will become but i just cant seem to force feed myself :mad:
i have been back my doctors for an examination and after he done this he said he cant feel any lumps or anything and that i do suffer with IBS but more i suffer with Nervous Bowel and once i sort out my anxiety and my eating disorder then i should find that my bowels will settle x

scaredstiff695
21-03-11, 22:31
i think that's positive having a answer and a way to solve it. x x
now start a diary on eating or just don't think about it. you will get their keep trying chick x