PDA

View Full Version : Scared of being on my own

Lacey
21-03-11, 22:24
Hi does anyone have a fear of being home alone?
Everyone I speak with seems to feel better at home?

scaredstiff695
21-03-11, 22:27
i used to chick.
when my anxiety levels were high i used to walk round with the phone in my pocket. and dread my neighbour and very good friend going out wondering what i would do. i knew it was just anxiety but scared me.x x

Lacey
21-03-11, 22:29
i used to chick.
when my anxiety levels were high i used to walk round with the phone in my pocket. and dread my neighbour and very good friend going out wondering what i would do. i knew it was just anxiety but scared me.x x

And now?
I'm the same, no matter how tired I am I will avoid staying in, even my boy going to the shop I have to join him.

honeyp1e
21-03-11, 23:39
i never be on my own EVER!!!! i just cant not even for one min at all i hate it i get so scared that i will pack etc my parents have basically moved bk in with me just so am never alone but this is just me avoiding the fear not facing it

Lacey
22-03-11, 11:45
It's weird isn't it. I used to love being on my own, watching DVDs and chilling out. Now I can't think of anything worse! Do you take anything? How do you feel when u are alone? Sorry for all the questions just nice I'm not the only one x

honeyp1e
22-03-11, 19:52
It's weird isn't it. I used to love being on my own, watching DVDs and chilling out. Now I can't think of anything worse! Do you take anything? How do you feel when u are alone? Sorry for all the questions just nice I'm not the only one x

I couldn't really tell you what am like when am alone as the past 12 months i haven't been on my own for 5mins at all am always with my mum or some1 usually one of my parents but if they wanna go shop or something and say i will back in a min then my heart pounds i get all bad negative thinking and i totally freak out i dont no why i just panic about what if i panic whole am on my own etc

scaredstiff695
22-03-11, 20:04
now I'm coping with my anxiety better I'm not doing bad. i have to think that no matter what there is always help. I'm on my own tonight with two little ones.
don't get me wrong i have my bad days x x

lolli
22-03-11, 20:32
:blush: hi yeah my biggest fear is be alone
Hi does anyone have a fear of being home alone?
Everyone I speak with seems to feel better at home?

honeyp1e
22-03-11, 20:37
i just hate it so so much and cant cope anymore my anxiety is really at its highest well i think its at the highest i hope i cant get any higher and the past 3 days its been bad due to my ibs been suffering with bad constipation/ back pain/ trapped wind and nausea i don't no what i would do if i was alone but even if am with some1 i still panic like mad

lynn1960
22-03-11, 20:59
i hated being home on my own even used to walk the streets all night now i have my aniexty under control and stay home on my own and so will you just give it time you will get there promise

honeyp1e
22-03-11, 22:03
i hated being home on my own even used to walk the streets all night now i have my aniexty under control and stay home on my own and so will you just give it time you will get there promise

how did u manage to get it under control ??

Alicat
22-03-11, 22:28
I really don't like being on my own at home. I always have the tv on and the internet just so I feel like I'm 'connected' to people. I live on my own and I get really anxious when I wake up in the morning.

Sometimes I just go out and spend hours wandering around town aimlessly just so I'm not at home on my own :unsure:

joans60
22-03-11, 22:57
I have just read your post and I dont like being on my own
When I wake in a morning I think oh no my hubby has got to go to work today
So I get myself ready and I go out in the car for a few hours I am alright after that I can come back and stop in till my husband comes back
I think mine started when I was having panic attacks and I thought something was going to happen to me.
But I am a lot better know.
So you will get there.

Joanx

honeyp1e
22-03-11, 22:59
I have just read your post and I dont like being on my own
When I wake in a morning I think oh no my hubby has got to go to work today
So I get myself ready and I go out in the car for a few hours I am alright after that I can come back and stop in till my husband comes back
I think mine started when I was having panic attacks and I thought something was going to happen to me.
But I am a lot better know.
So you will get there.

Joanx

i hate that feeling like something is about to happen

heavenly
23-03-11, 15:42
I have always liked my own company but since anxiety and depression struck, about 7 months ago, that has changed. If I am not feeling anxious, I am fine on my own, if my anxiety levels are up, I need people around me. Which isn't always possible. Sometimes other half has to stay overnight on business, I find it really hard, if I am feeling anxious. I leave the lamp and the radio on when I go to bed, I feel that it is company.

I have a big hurdle coming up, he is going to Boston for 10 days for work on Sunday. I am dreading it, but I don't want to fuel the fear, so I have arranged a few things with friends, but I will be on my own when I go to bed for 10 nights and I am worried but I know I will get through it!, I have been through so much the past 7 months and things are improving for me, so I know I can do it. I can't keep avoiding being on my own, the fear will just get bigger. I have to face it and realise that nothing awful is going to happen, so that when I am on my own again in the future, the fear will be that much smaller.

Lacey
23-03-11, 16:42
I'm much the same, I used to love being alone but hate it now.
I even stay at the office late just so when I get home my partner will be back.
Scariest things for me are, being alone, shopping alone, hot shops, driving alone and client meetings.
It's taken over my life, I'm not sure what I think is going to happen but it's very scary For me.

Cristopher M. Bellow
23-03-11, 17:55
@Lacey: Looks like you need to make some more friends. Looks like you are getting into some kind of depression which has happened with me as well. Hope its just Momentary situation and you feel well.

Lacey
23-03-11, 18:39
The thing is I don't think I'm depressed, I am quite happy and laugh all the time, just can't be alone.
My mother suffered with depression and attempted suicide but I don't feel like that at all

snowgoose
23-03-11, 18:49
just a small tip that helped me :)

put the radio on instead of tv . it seems more personal somehow .the voice and music ...........it comforts xx
xx

heavenly
24-03-11, 10:17
Woke up with high anxiety this morning, I know it's because my other half's trip is coming up on Sunday. I know I am my worst enemy, I am worried I will get anxious or ill when he won't be around...so that makes me feel anxious! I have got things arranged for Sunday after I drop him off at the station as I know the first day will be difficult. It is very frustrating, I know it's me that is making me feel anxious and not anything else, so I know it's me that can control it, but some days I can and some days it's harder. But these things are sent to try us!!

KayleighJane
24-03-11, 12:15
I get the same, been suffering with panic/anxiety since january and just can't be alone. My boyfriend works away on a boat so i go and stay with my mum when this is the case. I used to love being alone to read my books and watch tv and chill out but now it scares the hell out of me.

heavenly
25-03-11, 13:30
I had a better day today, I have things arranged when he is away but I won't be having anyone staying overnight. If I need to, I can, but I am going to think positive, I don't want this fear to over-take me, I need to see that there is nothing wrong with being on your own, nothing bad will happen.

verity
26-03-11, 18:39
Glad im not the only one, I hate being home alone and I live on my own! I find it so difficult and get so afriad something bad will happen and I will have to deal with it all on my own :(

joolz07
26-03-11, 19:22
I hate it too .... it's relatively recent though .. I am an only child and was always quite happy pottering around by myself but as my Anxiety has become worse so has the fear of being alone. I even panic when I'm on the phone and it comes to saying goodbye! I'm also developing a fear of losing people particularly my parents. I know its the anxiety but I just don't know how I'll cope when they've gone. I'm well old enough to be able to stand on my own two feet but when I'm in a state of high anxiety (which I have been since early january) it's all so much worse. :weep:
Julie xx

heavenly
27-03-11, 11:18
I dropped other half off to the station at 6am this morning, I didn't enjoy it at all, saying goodbye, driving home in the dark. I managed to drop off for a couple of hours when I got in. I am seeing a friend at lunchtime, which is good, but I think today was always going to be hard. My anxiety is pretty high but hopefully as the week goes on, it will get better.

honeyp1e
27-03-11, 11:31
I'm much the same, I used to love being alone but hate it now.
I even stay at the office late just so when I get home my partner will be back.
Scariest things for me are, being alone, shopping alone, hot shops, driving alone and client meetings.
It's taken over my life, I'm not sure what I think is going to happen but it's very scary For me.

i HATE it so so much but at least you get to the office its a god job i don't have a job as i would never get there i hate having to have some1 around with me 24/7 i used to love life all on my own doing my own thing etc its RUINED my whole life i cant cope anymore

honeyp1e
27-03-11, 11:34
@Lacey: Looks like you need to make some more friends. Looks like you are getting into some kind of depression which has happened with me as well. Hope its just Momentary situation and you feel well.

This is what my boyfriend says to me all the time i need to get out as he says am depressed i don't go out/ don't see any1 basically don't do anything anymore apart from sit in the house and cry 24/7 :weep: