PDA

View Full Version : Endoscopy this morning (on way there now) so scared :(

honeyp1e
22-03-11, 08:40
Never felt my heart pounding so much as it is now am on way the hospital to have my endoscopy at 9.40am and my heart is racing just the thought of something going down my throat that shouldn't as I have afear of vomiting so this is really making me think that camera going down my throat will make me vomit I really don't think I can go through with it but I need it doing.... Is it really going to be so bad ?? I have asked for max sedation !!

joans60
22-03-11, 08:57
Hi you will be fine it will be over in no time and you will wonder what you have worried about.
Please go through with it dont pull out at the last minute
Then you can sort all your problems out.
Good Luck
Speak soon.

Joanxxx

harasgenster
22-03-11, 09:48
Hi
I had one of the these a couple of years ago. It's really quick, there's NO PAIN and there's loads of nurses holding your hand!

It's over before you know it. I was really surprised at how untraumatic it was! Nothing at all to be worried about. :)

honeyp1e
22-03-11, 11:30
well never had it done :( really upset with myself for not going through with it but spoke with doctor & he asked what has been happening to me etc once i explained that i have been having bad burning and that etc and all about my anxiety / eating disorder he explained that once i learn to accept my anxiety and learn to live with it and sort out my eating then i will find that my acid will soon settle down :) i just hope so x x

Greenman50
23-03-11, 17:10
well never had it done :( really upset with myself for not going through with it but spoke with doctor & he asked what has been happening to me etc once i explained that i have been having bad burning and that etc and all about my anxiety / eating disorder he explained that once i learn to accept my anxiety and learn to live with it and sort out my eating then i will find that my acid will soon settle down :) i just hope so x x

You poor thing :hugs:
Listen honeypie ... my stomach eventually got better , yours will aswell but it is going to take time .
please take the citralapram and the other meds to control the anxiety and your stomach WILL stop pumping out to much acid . Get the eating "properly" underway and eat the healthy stuff instead of chocolate etc ..
Don,t want to sound bossy ..lol..but i know you can do it , but don,t expect instant results mine took 4 months to get right . When you eat it will still burn/gurgle for awhile yet as the inflamation is already there , you must stick with eating small regular portions
Take care

x

steveo5
24-03-11, 09:15
Just Read your post honeypie, i had endoscopy just before christmas time, i was thinking all sorts of things and worrying but sent away with clean bill of health straight after it was done, hope it all went ok,
tc steve