PDA

View Full Version : Bird Flu.

Becks
07-04-06, 11:28
Is anyone else worried about catching bird flu? It seems to be my big worry at the moment.
I keep checking the garden for dead birds and my daughter goes to my mother-in-laws twice a week whilst im at work and they have free range chickens and geese. I feel i should say something to my in-laws about keeping her away from them but they will probably think im potty!
I know that as of yet no humans have caught it but all the experts say its only a matter of time. I know the minute humans catch the virus i will be panic stricken, they havent even caught it yet and im already worrying!

God i hate having health anxiety, sometimes its as though because im having a good week and not anxious about anything i find something to worry about, i often feel guilty and worried when things are going right in my life, its like i have no right to be happy and that if i enjoy myself something will happen!!

God i must sound barmy!!
Does anyone else ever think like this or im i just potty.

Becks

nomorepanic
07-04-06, 11:44
See this previous post ...

bird flu fears (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5851)

Nicola

lisarose
07-04-06, 13:37
Hi Becks, You don't sound Barmy at all!!! I understand how you feel, there always seems to be something for us with Health anxiety to worry about doesn't there. I am trying not to watch the news at the moment or read anything about bird flu but I can't deny it is worrying and is on my mind especially as I am due to give birth in 2 weeks and am anxious as it is. I have 2 children, the youngest is 5 and is always wanting to be playing in the garden and am terrified he may come into contact with birds, silly I know as it hasn't even spread to this area but like you I feel as though it is only a matter of time before it becomes a pandemic. It is a pity the government don't start vaccinations as a precaution now before it does spread. I also feel like you in that if I feel o.k for a while and things are going right in my life I always feel like something bad is waiting round the corner to happen to me.
Hope this helps you feel a bit les alone with your fears.
Take care,
Love Lisax

Becks
10-04-06, 20:24
Hi Nicola.
Thanks for the link you have reassured me a lot.
Becks
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">See this previous post ...

bird flu fears (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5851)

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 07 April 2006 : 12:44:33</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">