PDA

View Full Version : Why.....

LoneRider
22-03-11, 12:16
Right well been to docs 2nd time round as muscles keep aching, feeling like I have pulled muscles, tightness and I generally have a sick feeling constantly.

Having read so much myself (maybe a bad thing) Alot of it stems from anxiety, depression etc ...

Why are my doctors being so unhelpful - basically offered counselling - which is done over the phone or medication, I have taken up the offer of counselling as its free and it might just help to see if someone will listen to me.

Today he poked my back of which hurt alot! asked if the anxiety was worse (its just the same but I feel ill and sore with it) and told me to take some ibrupofen and be on my way & come back if not gone in couple of weeks.

I don't feel like I've totally lost it yet well not all the time but starting to feel unless I say I'm over the edge or go down the medication route no one wants to know.

I dread getting up to go work in the mornings to the extent that I either have an anxiety/panic attack and/or feel physically sick. I get tried alot and lack of motivation is well sometimes non exisitant.

Am I making how I feel into something it's not? I need to ring work soon and give them an update too.

:shrug:

snowgoose
22-03-11, 12:59
hello Lone rider :)

I understand everything that you have written about the sickness and fear in the mornings etc .
can I ask what your work is? and why you dont want meds ?
just to give some back ground knowledge to try to help xx
I had exactly the same symptoms ........you have friends here .:hugs:

LoneRider
22-03-11, 13:21
I'm a receptionist/pa for a pretty small company
I don't really know why I am avoiding the meds guess I want to be stronger and not need them? Worried in regards to side effects and them not working, when I had a bad time before I felt so much worse on the meds i stopped taking them and did hypnotherapy etc but I was living with mother and not as many pressures.
Ask away as none of the doctors are but I just dont know what I'm supposed to say and whats relevant.
Thank you feeling lost and need to call my work too and getting worried about that too.

snowgoose
22-03-11, 13:34
hi:)

understand all your reasoning on meds and not and not wanting to somehow make this awful feeling more acute by taking sick leave and "giving in " as we all feel sometimes :hugs:

there will be more experienced and wiser folk along soon .............so can only give you my twopence worth .
I know you work in small company therefore your absence will be missed of course. your boss sounds fairly good .
for me ..given your symptoms ..............I would give yourself a break and have some sick leave . not too long ...........just enough time to get that adrenaline calmed . then back to doctor for another chat . Cbt seems the best way to go but can be along time to wait .
I say this only because I pushed myself to work far too long .........in a constant state of hell . should have acted quicker xx

LoneRider
22-03-11, 14:08
Well I've just bitten the bullet and called work and had a good cry down the phone to them (thank god she is understanding) have explained what I could to her and i've got an extra couple of days off (also got friday-tues off for annual leave) to try sort a few things out and also going to speak to the health care team we get via work as seems they might be more helpful than my regular GP, Feel even more shattered now but also better due to the release of emotion.

But would still be grateful for any advice and support.

Thank you snowgoose just starting to think maybe I'm making it all up and thinking its not as bad or as bigger deal as I think it is?!

snowgoose
22-03-11, 14:15
oh my goodness
hope I didnt make you feel like that ?
so not the case at all .I Sympathise hugely .x

LoneRider
22-03-11, 15:41
oh my goodness
hope I didnt make you feel like that ?
so not the case at all .I Sympathise hugely .x

No not at all I was just getting myself all worked up and worried about work and "surviving"