PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack Documentary Project

dbeaney
22-03-11, 12:37
Hello i am new to this forum and have been getting panic attacks for at least 6 months now. I study at Kingston University and am currently doing a documentary on panic attacks.

I was wondering if i could ask, in what situations/places do you get your attacks? i.e in a crowded place or when you're in a stressful situation.

Would be a great help if i could get some answers

Thanks

Daryl

diane07
22-03-11, 12:39
Hi dbeaney

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

LoneRider
22-03-11, 12:47
Mine seems work related getting there seems to be the hardest part at the moment!

snowgoose
22-03-11, 13:14
mine started after a long time of general anxiety when going to work .
then escalated to shopping and anywhere there was people and cinemas etc .
have always been fine in countryside .even isolated places and alone with dogs .
noise and people seem to be my trigger .

paula lynne
22-03-11, 13:15
Anytime, any place, anywhere! When it was bad, I woke at night with a panic attack.....very frightening. At the sink, in the bath, relaxing with a book, in the car, during sex, eating a meal, laughing with friends, I really dont think there is any situation where panic cant take over. Have you studied the amygdala in the brain in relation to panics? Very interesting....good luck with your documentary. x:)

dbeaney
22-03-11, 13:34
Thanks for the replies,
mine normally happen at night when i am about to goto bed, normally results in me not being able to sleep for at least a few hours afterwards.
I have not studied amygdala in the brain in relation to panics, i shall have a look thank you :)

tigertig
13-06-11, 19:30
self help books and workshops can help as well as meeting other people in the same boat... there is mind in kingston who offer a few of these services...football too

joans60
13-06-11, 20:24
Mine first started when I was a sleep I would wake up sweating with my heart racing
Also it happened in the local supermarket and I sometimes are still frightened to go in there incase it happens again.

Joanx

KayleighJane
13-06-11, 20:44
Anytime, any place, anywhere! When it was bad, I woke at night with a panic attack.....very frightening. At the sink, in the bath, relaxing with a book, in the car, during sex, eating a meal, laughing with friends, I really dont think there is any situation where panic cant take over. Have you studied the amygdala in the brain in relation to panics? Very interesting....good luck with your documentary. x:)

same for me, any time and any place! its such a pain :huh: