PDA

View Full Version : OMG What A Morning !!! (bowel information not for the sqeamish)

LittleMissPanicky
22-03-11, 13:11
Well today i got up with my usual worries, convinced i have the dreaded "C" due to seeing what i think was blood in my pooh last week !!!
I have tried coping and reassuring myself but as usual the little devil inside is working overtime !!
Anyway I manage to get an appointment with a very nice male doctor this morning, explain all my concerns and he says to reassur me he will do a blood test and an internal. Any hoo when he does the internal he says he can feel a lump, well you can imagine how I react !!! So then we go into talking about seeing a consultant and because I can't wait and even though I can't really afford it I ask about going private. He says thats fine and gives me the details to ring them. I get back to my parents house in a right old state and manage to get an appointment for tomorrow !!! After I come off the phone i am thinking, hold on i have my period at the moment could it have been the tampon he felt through pushing on my bowel ???? So I mention this to my mum and she says to go and check it out. So off I go again and luckily the same doctor can see me, I tell him my thoughts and he didn't seem sure but has another feel (after i have removed said tampon of course !!) Well he said that it definately feels no obvious lump now , but still a slight ridge of what is thickened tissue, if he had felt that the first time he wouldn't have said anything as it wasn't abnormal !!!
Well out i come again feeling slightly better, but we have decided to still go to my appointment to put my mind at rest as he knows i now have that thought in my head !!! So I am hoping that if that goes well i can begin to relax a bit more . Also he gave me a presciption for diazepam , only 5mg , i wasn't sure whether to take it but have just taken a dose just to take my edge off the panic.
I now feel slightly calmer although will think i will be better after tomorrow, fingers crossed.
I know it's a weird question but has anyone else had an experience like this ??? and what i can expect tomorrow ?
Thanks,
Big love to you all xxx:doh:

uk23
22-03-11, 17:05
I can understand your panic but its unlikely to be anything to worry about, you can go to your appointment but from my history with private app's they normally do a check then order scans and tests - thats what costs the most. My mum spent over £3k on gastro stuff, they found a couple of issues but still...

Anyway let us know how it goes and well done for trying to rationalise about the tampon.