PDA

View Full Version : Is there a flu/cold bug going around at the moment?

87sal87
22-03-11, 13:23
Only I woke up this morning feeling terrible with a stuffy nose & a very sore throat...

I live in the north west of england...is there something going around at the moment or could it be abit of early hayfever? Although it doesn't really feel like hayfever...

harasgenster
22-03-11, 13:25
Hi, yeah. I'm in Manchester and there's a cold bug going round. Sounds mild, though, haven't known anyone off sick with it, so you should be alright.
:)

87sal87
22-03-11, 13:40
Thanks alot, yeah I don't feel too bad but bad enough to have no energy whatsoever lol :)
Just been speaking to a friend of mine who lives in London & even she's down with it...so it must be doing it's rounds haha!

It's strange, I didn't catch anything over the xmas when all my family were down with flu for weeks, I always seem to the catch the spring/summer bugs >.<

allergyphobia
22-03-11, 13:51
i've had about 3 spring colds in a row, it's rubbish! up your vitamin C intake, hope you feel better soon x x x

87sal87
22-03-11, 18:53
Oh dear, one is bad enough, never mind three...hope you're feeling better
I feel really bad at the moment, the main thing that bothers me is that it's raising my heartbeat & I have issues with my pulse/heart rate as it's that what triggered off the more severe anxiety a couple of years back.
Everytime I get a cold or something, it raises my heartbeat & makes it beat harder, it's terrible. :( So I'm feeling a little anxious at the moment but trying to distract myself...

Sammylou
22-03-11, 19:14
I had the cold last week, it was awful, one of the worse I have ever had started with a sore throat then a cough, runny nose, aches and pains and fever . My boyfreind has it now.

kah
22-03-11, 20:40
I've had 3 colds in as many weeks :mad:. Unfortunately with my 2 girls being at pre-school we constantly have some bug or other!!!

Hope you feel better soon.
K xx

phil06
03-05-11, 22:35
Into May now I have developed a terrible cold..feel so weak and tired it's driving my anxiety on worse...I felt my breathing tight as my nose just seemed congested, chest aches all over, strains..

seems there's a bug going round every month always feel ill past year.. :ohmy: