PDA

View Full Version : Help, b/f feeling very drunk, strange turn?

loops81
22-03-11, 18:58
Hi again all

My b/f this evening has had a funny turn again, first he was very agitated pacing around then was on the floor and now feels drunk, and disorientated/ no co-ordination?

He is on the phone now to the NHS, anyone else ever had this?
:huh:

suzy-sue
22-03-11, 19:03
What drugs has he had today Loops ? sue x

loops81
22-03-11, 19:05
Hi sue, He had the increase Mirt last night 30mg, woke feeling extremely anxious, he has been suicidal again today, to the point where he was looking for things, he had 5mg diaz morn, 2.5mg lunch and then 5mg about one hour ago

xxx

loops81
22-03-11, 19:07
and he has blurred vision too x

suzy-sue
22-03-11, 19:16
He is going through a period of adjusment again with the higher dose ,Hes also probably making himself feel more anxious thinking about things .Sounds like hes feeling spaced out and has derealisation .This is caused by high levels of anxiety .he more he foghts the feelings and reacts to them ,The worse it gets .Hes now back to square one with the increase and will have to ride it out .It will pass .If he gets too much to deal with he must go to hospital .Its too big a responsibility of you to cope with and he must stay safe .I see hes now 2.5mg short of the Diaz ,I dont think this is helping either ,He needs to get stable as I said before he thinks of cutting down on these .Have you got a crisis number to ring ? Sending you both a big hug .:bighug1::bighug1:.Its a difficult time for you ,but it wont last forever . Luv Sue x

haz
23-03-11, 00:13
Is he adamant about not having a spell in hospital? Nobody wants to have to go into a psychiatric ward but at least he can be observed until his meds are stabilised. He might only need to stay for a week or two. Do the Crisis Team visit him daily?

I really hope things improve for you both soon, you've been having a terrible time recently.

Best Wishes. :hugs:

ajay
23-03-11, 00:27
loops im on mitz and diaz can make you feel drunk u need to help settle him sit him down give him a cuppa and talk slow and soft that he is going to be oki if he does not settle then call the crisis team see if they can help if all else fails take him to AnE...make sure hes safe and you hun your in this as a team and we are here if ya need us hun hugs and kisses

Rhys1879SAFC
23-03-11, 08:23
Sounds like derealisation/depersonalisation to me.

harasgenster
23-03-11, 09:10
Hi Loops,
Sorry to hear your bf's having such a bad time. Don't worry yourself over these symptoms. It sounds like a normal reaction to the pills. He is worrying about these symptoms far too much and the best you can do is react as if everything is normal, to help him realise he isn't in any danger.

You're doing well, just stay totally calm and relaxed around him. That's the only advice I can give. Don't react as if there's anything wrong. If you need help or believe he could hurt himself make sure you phone the crisis team.

Take care x