PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot Dr Google

vic003
23-03-11, 02:38
My oh my! When will this end? Last year I briefly read an article that using talcum powder may cause ovarian cancer. I remembered I used to put talcum powder in my underwear after a shower when I was little but I didn't worry about it. A few months later... full blown panic. I looked it up on google and there are soooo many articles about this. I read the legitimate publications and they said that the link between using talcum powder and ovarian cancer is uncertain. They've done studies and found some link but further studies need to be done. The articles also said most women who used talcum powder wouldn't end up getting the disease. So after reading and reading I can't get this thought out of my mind. It consumes my thoughts and I feel horrible. Has anyone else used talcum powder 'down there?' Would you be concerned? I feel like I'm spending all my life worrying about things that may never happen and depend on so many factors genetics, the environment etc. Help!!! Am I over reacting?? (I very much think so !)

looking4answers
23-03-11, 05:14
Isn't talcum powder ,baby powder? I have used this all my life and many many women I know have done this as well and many mothers have used it on baby's..Im pretty sure you are worrying about nothing.I have never heard of this..im not a doctor but it makes no sense..talcum powder is talc .. it comes from a stone..and as far as I know its not toxic..I think I read where some tribes of indians used this in their food..so .. hopefully what you read is not correct about it causing problems..if it did there would be a lot of babies that died and also dead indians I guess..Anyway hope you feel better .Try not to worry. Michael

Lola-Lee
23-03-11, 05:36
Just like eggs,avocado hair dye all these were no good for you afew years back,but now they are OK.i dye my hair every month for years,nothing wrong with me,plus eat avo's on toast with an egg.Nothing to worry about,just scaremongers:mad:
Lola

uk23
23-03-11, 12:33
...eat avo's on toast with an egg.

What a great idea!

On a side note my mum and granny have both used that powder since they were small. My mum is now 63 and my granny is 94 and both healthy.

They say most thing can cause cancer, as Lola said.