PDA

View Full Version : help

Trizzy
23-03-11, 06:42
Hi i am new to this trying to figure it out:)
in a bad place at the moment with anxiety and panic and it is affecting my life.
feel like i am going mad.

delightfuldior
23-03-11, 08:29
Im in the same place and I too joined this forum for comfort and to talk to others who feel the same.
Are you in treatment at the mo? recieiving counselling?

bluesparkle
23-03-11, 09:12
hi trizzy
welcome to nmp
you are not going mad trust me !
anxiety is a horrid thing and will make you believe many things.
have a really good look around the forum and you will find some good advice and the most important thing is you will see you are not alone.
rach
x

Trizzy
30-03-11, 21:13
Please help, big panic tonight.
My head is shaking involuntarily and i feel sick, i cant seem to calm myself down, i am now thinking my nervous system is breaking down and i will die!!!

MeganBooker
31-03-11, 06:27
I am there too.................... Just keep breathing and trying to think positive.... it will settle down soon and you will feel more rational.

Trizzy
31-03-11, 12:17
I keep coughing cos it feels like something is stuck in my chest could this be the anxiety. Will it ever go away!!

honeyp1e
31-03-11, 12:38
welcome to NMP xxxx :hugs: xxxx

am in a bad place to like you right now we will get through it

are you on any meds ??

Trizzy
31-03-11, 12:44
Yes i am on prozac just up to 40mg been on for five weeks and horrible side effects, its this cough how can i be coughing wen there is nothing wrong.
Thank you for replying xx

honeyp1e
31-03-11, 14:26
cough can just be a habit you now have my son has one and when my anxiety is high i devolpe one (weird) your side effects should soon start settling down what side effects have you been getting mine are really just feeling more anxious/panicky than normal and heart pounding with trembles :weep:

Zee
31-03-11, 14:34
Please help, big panic tonight.
My head is shaking involuntarily and i feel sick, i cant seem to calm myself down, i am now thinking my nervous system is breaking down and i will die!!!

Trizzy, involuntary head shake was one of my symptoms 11 years ago with first episode of anxiety.. It will stop..when anxiety/panic is high it will seem worse but it wont hurt you.

Trizzy
31-03-11, 14:44
Thank you for replying,
Honeypie ,I have so much neck stiffness and pains in my teeth which feel like my nerves. a tightness around the throat and my head feels like i have a sinus infection or something. It does get worse the more i think about it, i try to calm down but think something horrible is going to happen. xx
Zee, thank you its so frightening at the time your message helps xx

Zee
31-03-11, 14:55
Everything you say there Tizzy is familiar to me.. After my first anxiety 11 years ago which lasted about 8 months, I never had anything else until a year ago.. I didnt get the head tremor this time around but have been through.. Sinus and ear issues, jaw clenching, lightheaded, muscle tightness, tum issues, weight loss through food anxiety, allergy type symptoms...list goes on. anxiety turns up so many strange symptoms.

honeyp1e
31-03-11, 20:18
Thank you for replying,
Honeypie ,I have so much neck stiffness and pains in my teeth which feel like my nerves. a tightness around the throat and my head feels like i have a sinus infection or something. It does get worse the more i think about it, i try to calm down but think something horrible is going to happen. xx
Zee, thank you its so frightening at the time your message helps xx

am the same the more i think and dwell on it the worse i feel i hate the way i think about every sensation it just makes me feel worse than i am and most of the time there's nothing wrong with me x

lynn1960
31-03-11, 20:26
i am there too in a bad place aniexty really bad want it too stop

Trizzy
01-04-11, 08:48
Second day on 40mg feel a little more focused but have bad stomach cramps and a fuzzy head. Feel i might even get dressed today. Didnt think these meds would take so long to get into my system.

Trizzy
04-04-11, 08:35
Well i have been feeling slightly more in control of my anxiety over the last few days. But my biggest test will be tomorrow, my husband returns home after five weeks away and has yet has not seen me like this. During our chats on skype i have managed to mask the anxiety. awoke this morning feeling in control and my son has more or less told me to 'pull myself together' before dad gets home tomorrow. My husband and i are very close and part of my anxiety has been made worse by his working away. However he doesnt understand anxiety. He knows i have been off work but doesnt know just how bad things are. All my feelings of dread have come flooding back. :weep: