PDA

View Full Version : Had enough

hiraani
23-03-11, 13:48
Feeling really suicidal today. No friends, no job, no money, no life. House is in really bad state, every day is about cleaning but I can't manage it, nothing to get up for or look forward to. Don't feel I can go on anymore. Left the house twice in 2 years. I've just taken a 2mg diazapam but it's not enough. Dr presribed 20mg Citalopram and 2mg Diazepam then said she has done all she can as gp so referred me to cbt but don't know if I can leave the house. Citalopram has now been upped to 30mg but still feel crap. Don't want to do this anymore.

joemac
23-03-11, 14:04
hi,,i no its tough ,but things will get better,its important 2 remember dat.I used to go out with sun glases on,better then not going out at all.Cbt will give u an insight to the negative thinkin styles uve prob got,,and lifes good all of a sudden,all the best

hiraani
23-03-11, 15:03
I've taken another diazepam and drunk several glasses of wine and i don[t care anymreo.

shoegal
23-03-11, 15:04
Hang in there hun. I can't leave the house much either at the moment but I'm trying to think of it as a blip from which I will recover, and you will too! Try not to think of the bigger picture and just give yourself little things to aim for even if it's just managing to do the washing up and wipe down a cupboard or something. Every little task helps towards the bigger goal so keep fighting this thing and in time it will get better. If you need more support don't be scared to talk to your GP or even ring a helpline such as the Samaritans who may be able to put you in touch with a local support group. Stay strong. (((BIG HUGS))) :flowers:

http://www.samaritans.org/

shoegal
23-03-11, 15:06
Hiaraani! You know drinking is not the answer. If you really think things are that bad please ring the Samaritans.

hiraani
23-03-11, 15:19
don't woryy it's helping me, just want to be ina big fat bubble

PoppyC
23-03-11, 15:39
Hi
I dont want to sound like I am preaching to you, however drinking will not make you feel better...it seems like it at the time...but all you will feel tomorrow is hungover plus still feeling depressed and probably sick, especially if you are drinking a lot on medication that includes Diazepam.
Is there anyone you can talk to? as in family? anyone at all?
Forget about the housework for now and concentrate on getting you back to feeling happier.
Can you contact your gp and explain exactly how you are feeling now,let him see you as you are feeling right now, and ask him to refer you to the mental health team?
I don't feel anywhere as bad as you sound and I am now on 60mg Citalopram which does help a lot, more than the other doses I took. 30mg is not a lot if you are feeling very depressed.

You do need professional help and you sound so depressed. :hugs:Its a horrible feeling I know, but you can get happier and your life doesn't always have to be like it has been.It can change with self help and help from the mental health team and counselling, plus medication.
What about giving the Samaritans a call, and getting it all out to them, about how you feel.
Keep posting on here to let us know how you are.
Sending a big hug:hugs:

hiraani
23-03-11, 15:42
thankyou. i feel qite good right nowand very floaty, samaritans don't help just standard responses i wish i copld feel like this all the time

PoppyC
23-03-11, 15:54
You will probably feel floaty now, but what about later on??? You could reach a point where you end up very ill, if you carry on drinking.
You are wiping out how you are feeling for now, and I can understand that, but later on, you are going to have to sober up, and the problems will still be there, only you are going to have to contend with them whilst you are massively hungover!
You need to deal constructively with how you are feeling, to try and change things for the better, and you can't do that with a bad head.
I have rung the Samaritans before in the past and some of the people I spoke to were not so good with their responses and others were brilliant. Just having someone there to listen to you, whilst you get it all out, how you are feeling, does help.
Please keep posting and let us know how you are.
I dont mean to preach to you - I am the last person to preach to anyone, considering how I am! - but I am just concerned for you. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

hiraani
23-03-11, 16:06
thankyou poppy you are a good person but i feel ok rightnmow and thats all icare about, takingeach day at a time if i had left things i would have taknean over dose but now i feel happy and will worr ya bout tomorropw when i get to it, id ont' get hangovers so i will deal with ti when it comes. my life is crrrap and it will get better but for now i want to ffeel like i do

hiraani
23-03-11, 16:07
thank you for the hugsit i need it right nowwwwww

hiraani
23-03-11, 16:41
sorry shoegal thankyou for the advice ou are a good person too, i will feel better tomorrow ilmn sure. depression is crap don't follow my example just looking for a brief reprieve from the stress, love you all xx

PoppyC
23-03-11, 16:44
Hi again Hiraani
Hope you feel a lot happier soon.
Thinking of you. Let us know how you are later on. :hugs:xx

hiraani
23-03-11, 16:52
i will do, it will pass and i know if will feel dumb tomorrow but idont care right now just enee da b reak xxx

sandy40
23-03-11, 17:18
Hi,im in the same state..ive had enough,im in pain but drs says its stress,theres wine in the fridge and i feel like having it,but i know i will feel great tonight but worse tomorrow.x

hiraani
23-03-11, 18:20
hi sandy, I'm sorry you feel like this, everyone who's commented is right, drinking is not the solution but I drink very rarely and sometimes you#ve got to cut yourself some slack. I'm sobering up a bit now - i felt pretty desparate earlier but now i feel quite chilled out and I'm still here.

sandy40
23-03-11, 18:26
Hi,i never opened the wine,but i feel awful,aching hips/back/rib area,im freaking out big time...my shrink is changing my meds but it will take 2 weeks for the changeover..im not holding out for much hope of them working..x

hiraani
23-03-11, 18:50
How horrible that you're in so much discomfort, I wouldn't have thought a glass or two and a nice soak in a warm bath would cause much of a problem. Dr's :shrug: sometimes I think they just don't get quite how bad it can be, a day can seem such a long time when you're in pain or mental distress, a big :bighug1:for you my love xx

PUGLETMUM
23-03-11, 20:06
:hugs:hi, i just want to add my support here to anyone who is feeling distress about the state of their lives - hang in there, i am very very lonely right now and have been for a couple of years, like you i also have no friends and my relationship is sooooo stressful and my daughter is growing up and doesnt need me, i have a drink a couple of times a week at the mo and im on 20mg of cit and 40mg of propranolol, i dont worry about the booze coz im sick of feeling stress and i like it, butlike you i think you are so sad and alone that you do just want to stop feeling bad - im going to buy a couple of books about loneliness and i find this helps me, take care, if you want to chat just pm me :hugs:

hiraani
23-03-11, 20:47
:hugs:Thankyou Emmas x

I hate to admit it but I have a headache now, my own stupid fault, but damn it felt good while it lasted :noangel:

scaredstiff695
23-03-11, 21:30
HI

YOU SHOULD FEEL BETTER I NO IT DONT SEEM IT BUT HELPS ON THE WAY
u been reffered to cbt your docs managing your meds keep strong you will get there xx we are always here for a chat.and your right a day in the life of ma illness is bad and very long. mine sre the nigts by god do they feel long i clock watch or panic till im sleeping..
i dread everynight and i sed to love it.

im going to say something please dont shoot me down but...right now you want to end your life cos you feel down...if you went outside to the shop or something whasts the worse that could happen? surley not dyng or wanting to xx
smile and one step ata time going out or anything cant make you feel wore so why not give it a try tomorow baby steps you might fee there is a life xx

hiraani
24-03-11, 16:46
Thank you for your kind words. :)

I've been listening to 'What a difference a day makes' by Dinah Washington and 'I can see clearly now' by Otis Redding, my calm after the storm. Yesterday was a rubbish day but today I feel able to face things. Just hope it lasts for a while. :shades:

scaredstiff695
24-03-11, 19:49
very happy for you glad your feeling better xx