PDA

View Full Version : For anyone worried about the 2012 end of world thing....

jen2503
23-03-11, 18:20
Have a look at this.....http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

the NASA website confirms nothing will happen in 2012 for us to be worried about. i have spoken to a few people that have massive fears about 2012 so i wanted to share this for anyone here that is worried too, hopefully it may put some of your anxieties about this to rest, at least a little bit i hope.

xx

debbsi
23-03-11, 20:58
thanks - thats really useful
i first panicked when i heard the predictions, but after doing some reading on people who dispel the doomsday theory my mind was rested:
They believe that the Mayans predicted a time of 'change' and that this period of change has been ongoing for sometime - think back to the major societal such as the industrial revolution, women gaining the right to vote, abolition of slavery etc etc
and now look at the middle east
maybe its just change for the better - this is how i want to look at it and firmly believe it - and i have tried to wipe that date out of my mind and refuse to watch the film!!!

looking4answers
24-03-11, 04:35
I read the article and how ironic..Its the samething I have been saying since people have been posting here about 2012..When people start talking about the end of the world I start laughing and also say yes it probably will end one day but not because someone predicted it..It will end when its ready to end..The earth has no vengeance against humans..the earth has been in upheaval for 4 billion years and the universe some 14 billion years.. there have been so many species that have come and gone ,and one day im sure the human species will cease to exist but not because their was a prophecy but because things have a beginning in an end as so does this earth..
So when it does end ,if we happen to be here it won't be because we were doomed to destruction its only because we are and it is..nature..

PokerFace
24-03-11, 08:54
Thanks for this, I've been known to freak out on ocassion about the whole 2012 thing! I try to see it rationally but rational doesn't seem to be a word my brain knows lately D; xx

Horse
24-03-11, 09:40
I can whole heartily confirm that the world will NOT end in 2012.

It's just that as an Anxiety sufferer......it will just seem like it!!

Horse.

oldtime
24-03-11, 09:48
OMG I was so worried about this I couldn't sleep at night! :D