PDA

View Full Version : odd cough?

wotcanisay
23-03-11, 21:51
hey all

10 days ago i had a cold, most of the cold has gone but i am left with a wet cough like there mucus on my chest every time i take deep breath in or laugh i sound like mutley the dog, my nose gets block up every so often
its show no signs getting better, my doctor listen to my chest and said everything sound normal
if everything normal why am i coughing like this

any one out there had this same thing?

darcy
23-03-11, 21:55
hi, everyone i know has had this awful cold and cough thats going round. i had it 4 weeks ago and am still coughing... my mum and dad have both just had the cough... even a girl i work with was complaining of her cough lasting so long... u have to try and hock up whats rattling (i know it sounds gross) but it will help in clearing it a bit... it will go.. just takes time xxxx please dont worry xxxx

uk23
23-03-11, 22:09
Also at this time of year people have their heating up very high, this causes to air to become too dry which leads to a cough potentially lasting longer.

MightyPC
23-03-11, 22:09
I too had a nasty cold 4 weeks ago and I sound like I'm a 60 a day smoker. my chest rattles and crackles and I'm bringing up alot of green and clear muck. the cold has got better and the cough and bringing up luck is slowly improving.

wotcanisay
23-03-11, 22:38
Also at this time of year people have their heating up very high, this causes to air to become too dry which leads to a cough potentially lasting longer.

i didnt know that i have the heating on for a hour at night

sorry to sound dumb but would that cause mucus on chest to be worst?

thank you all didnt knew cold and cough can last this long

darcy
23-03-11, 22:48
i found this also... was alot worse in a room with heating.. i went in a fish and chip shop having not coughed all day and had to go outside with a mouthful of sick from coughing so hard lol.. (mmm classy) :D

wotcanisay
23-03-11, 22:57
i found this also... was alot worse in a room with heating.. i went in a fish and chip shop having not coughed all day and had to go outside with a mouthful of sick from coughing so hard lol.. (mmm classy) :D

aww not good, but did you get what you went in for?

some it is normal for the chest to rattle when laughing?

darcy
23-03-11, 23:02
yea got my cod and chips :yesyes:

its totally normal for chest to rattle when you laugh when youve had/got a cough.... honestly ive had it ages and i still sound like dot cotton in the morning .... x

wotcanisay
23-03-11, 23:05
what no peas? tut tut

thank you darcy your dot cotton comment v funny