PDA

View Full Version : HOLIDAY PAID - GULP

panicdiva
07-04-06, 20:52
Well, today we paid the final balance of our holiday - for the 9hr flight to America!!!!!! The one that everyone knows I'm dreading. No going back now!!!! I just wish I could stop thinking about it - it's there at the back of my mind all the time!!!

carlin
07-04-06, 21:00
How fantastic, am very jealous as we are not having a holiday this year!!!! You will be absolutely fine, take all the usual back-up equipment on the flight, i.e. water, mags, i.pod etc....Nothing will happen other than feeling a little anxious, which most people do before a long flight, and then you will have a really excellent holiday???? take care and keep in touch x

Spice
08-04-06, 08:44
Hi diva

Good on you girl .... You know that you can do it so don't let the anxiety monster tell you otherwise.
A good tip I got from my therapist which you have probably heard before is - don't analyse just do it and think about it after! I know this is hard because we all think about the negatives and paint pictures of the worst scenario in our head but you have the knowledge that although it was uncomfortable you have been through this before and hey you even enjoyed the rewards of getting to America so use that and start looking forward to it.

Take care

darkangel
08-04-06, 11:18
WE can do this

I got my tickets through the post this morning - I am really excited but also apprehensive - i go 3 weeks tomorrow !!
I have cable tv and have been watching trolley dollies a programme about air stewards and i am feeling a bit better knowing how many flights take off each day, etc. Suppose just needing to keep reassuring myself also it is mostly filmed inside the air craft so i am finding it helpful to familiarise myself.

I wish you all the best and I will let u know how I get on.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Ammeg
08-04-06, 11:40
hey diva,
wen u goin hun? me is goin to cypus in a week and a half!!!!!!! argggghhhhhh
darkangel- i laughed wen i read your post coz ive been doin exactly the same... watching airport and airline to try and get into 'airport' mode!!! im flyin from cardiff airport in the nite so it shouldnt be to busy!! hope the loos are always free...... im gonno need them a lot!!! lol
good luck fellow holiday makers!!!
Ammegxx

india
08-04-06, 12:08
Me too, going to Cyprus end of May! Really worrying, but determined that my problems won't spoil a lovely experience for the family. Perhaps after we get back we can set up a thread on our positive experiences about flying holidays etc.?

Good Luck India xx

Karen
08-04-06, 12:36
Hi Panicdiva

Wow the holiday sounds exciting and I am sure you'll have a great time once you get there.

Keep concentrating on all the fun and enjoyable activities you have planned for your holiday and focus on these rather than the flight.

In readiness for coping with the flight you could do some positive imagery. Do you do regular relaxation? If so use this relaxation time and when feeling very relaxed, think about being on the plane and feeling relaxed.

Take plenty of distractions with you too, things like book and magazines, a walkman, puzzle books. Talk to people. You can do this.

Have a look at these previous posts:

Flying (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3092)
flying (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1440)
anxious need some reasurance from my friends here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3918)
plane tommorrow (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7374)

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Southern_Belle
08-04-06, 17:25
Panicdiva,

Hope you love coming to my country! They will show films on the plane, I suggest you watch them to distract you. You will have to pay for the headphones cash on the plane, keep them you can use them on the flight back. You can also wear the headphones throughout the flight to hear music piped in. Drink lots of water too it will keep you hydrated. I hate flying too but was able to fly years ago to the UK because I wanted to visit there so badly. I'm sure you will do just fine. I read alot and looked at the films on my last flight which was to Las Vegas. I'm flying to California in May, not looking forward to it but it is something I must overcome. Hope your trip is a blast.

Bel

mirry
09-04-06, 18:24
lUCKY YOU!
When i went on the channel tunnel to italy last year i was so worried about the trapped feeling. I took a cd of paul mckenna to listen to and wow did it help alot, i was soooooooo chilled out , it was a miracle.

If you can get hold of his self confidence cd , i recommend it.:D

mirryx

clickaway
09-04-06, 18:39
I could not be talked into booking a trip like this, but you will do it, although you are bound to be nervous in the immediate run up and at the check in, and possibly some parts of the flight. But remember you will be on holiday and will feel so relaxed once you step off the plane.

Why not ask your doc for some diazapem to take for two or three days before your flight if you get hyper-anxious. Get an appointment in good time just in case, but you may be able to get away without them. Its always best to have more 'natural' solutions.

I was recently speaking to someone off another site who went to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam with GAD, Anorexia, OCD and self harm. If she can do it, so can you.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

panicdiva
09-04-06, 19:36
Thanks for all your positive comments, I really appreciate it. Your right; I can do this. Ammeg: we are going on the 1st July. I would love to hear how all of those who are going away get on with there holidays. Please let me know.