PDA

View Full Version : Sudden H/A Panic about Breathing in Mold

BKF1515
24-03-11, 13:27
Today I've discovered that a bunch of old clothes and toys of my children that I have been storing under the house are musty and some even moldy. I have spent a lot of time unpacking everything and have been breathing a lot of musty and even moldy things up close.

I have washed my hands a million times but am having such a panic that I have breathed in dangerous mold which will affect my health. I have really sniffed some things up close to see if they smelled damp, and even sniffed something moldy trying to figure out what was on it. Am I in trouble??? How long until I know that I am out of the dark - that I am not going to come down with some sort of serious respiratory illness or something??

BKF1515
24-03-11, 18:35
Anyone will any knowledge of musty/mildew and mold? Still feeling like I'm going to come down with some sort of serious illness at any moment. Thanks!

JaneC
24-03-11, 18:41
I react badly to being in a moldy atmosphere - you can be susceptible if you also have eg hayfever - but it's a shortlived thing and not dangerous. You might feel a bit rough for a little while (a day maybe) but it honestly it own't have any serious or long-term effect x