PDA

View Full Version : 5 weeks on, still abdo pain and still burping :(

flumpkin
24-03-11, 13:45
Hi again, as already posted over the last few weeks I am
having an issue with abdominal pain and constant burping. Although waiting to go back to drs next wednesday I am having a bit of a wobble and so fed up with the discomfort and worry - hoping someone can reassure me with similar experience...

I was given omprazole but after about 10 days they had not stopped the burping - and seemed to cause more stomach cramps. The dr changed me to lansoprazole 30mg. I am on day 7 and only diff is burping more plus I seem to be eating more as feel so hungry. Has anyone else had both these tablets not help the burping? Most people seem to find them great ... And now i am worried why not Working for me ?!

I still have lots of lower right abdo pain and odd other cramps in back. Plus sometimes burning pain nr belly button. So worried it is something :(

Also worried as only 1 bm per day but it is much thinner - mind is saying cos of blockage :( :(

Sorry to be asking for more reassurance.
Flumpkin x

Greenman50
24-03-11, 15:44
Hi Flumpkin

I,ve been on lanzoprazle since November last year . I still burp alot some days but the burning has thankfully gone ! It took 3.5 months . Its still not perfect but nearly there . These ppi meds were on are not instant cure , they take time to work . If you still have burning , it will go away but it is inflamation that needs to go down , so even though the meds are working it still burns if that makes sense .
The thin stools , yep i get them alot its IBS type stuff , my Dr said its all related in a way , your stressed so your digestive systym gets all to cock .

Horse
24-03-11, 17:07
You will find that tablets such as Omeprazole are normally slow release and will take about 2 weeks before they are up to full power. Also, one of the side effects of these is wind, which could be the reason for your ongoing discomfort.