PDA

View Full Version : the chicken or the egg?

snowgoose
24-03-11, 15:13
hi :)

just been pondering today why I have become this anxious person . Always a bit of a worrier :blush:............but led a useful and happy life .
until one day I got blurred vision in one eye . went to docs and got referred for investigation ................yes my evoked potential scan should something amiss .
but all has gone well since thank god .............and I am discharged form neuro
then I got letter from insurance that they will not insure me again cos of symptoms ......this is 15 year ago !!! yes MS .
all my anxiety health wise has hit the roof ...........and it becomes vicious circle .
I am fine in my head :)...................but this health worry has made me so obsessional now ......and made me panic and the rest is history :weep:
I WISH the internet and media would be a bit more responsible in shoving out all sorts of scare stories .
my eyes are bad .and I cant even bring myself now to go to optician I AM SO FRIGHTENED .
where the hell did I go ? that sensible lass .

health anxiety needs to be looked at properly by the NHS . it causes so much despair .
I wasnt anxious before ........but it is hell . xxxxxx

sandy40
24-03-11, 15:35
Snowgoose,i blame the internet and the media,my H/A i blame on googling.Please do not be afraid of MS,please dont,MS meds have came such along way over the last few years..you know my little boy has it,well a neuro scientist from the Neuro School in London emailed last year..(he read my sons story on the BBC website) he told me IF there was ever a time to get MS then its now as the meds are just amazing..i know all about the new meds and please dont you or anyone be afraid of MS...go and get your eyes tested,it wont be MS so stop worrying...and Snowgoose where the hell did i go too..H/A is on the rise and i blame the media and the internet too..i wish you were my neighbour.x

Greenman50
24-03-11, 15:49
I blame my HA on googling aswell , to much info is a dangerous thing !

sandy40
24-03-11, 16:04
I blame my HA on googling aswell , to much info is a dangerous thing !

yip,i was "normal" whatever normal is was until i googled my symptoms last year and got IBS ok thats good i thought then in red letters "woman 40 and over IBS symptoms mimic ovarian cancer,do not let your doctor fob you off,get ckecked out" and that was it for me.x

kah
24-03-11, 16:08
Me too, the internet is a useful but VERY dangerous tool! I've not googled for ages but my previous 'googles' have left me with awful HA. It's a vicious cycle that I'm desperately trying to break free from!!

K xxx

Greenman50
24-03-11, 16:30
yip,i was "normal" whatever normal is was until i googled my symptoms last year and got IBS ok thats good i thought then in red letters "woman 40 and over IBS symptoms mimic ovarian cancer,do not let your doctor fob you off,get ckecked out" and that was it for me.x

I googled for info on excess acid stomach and found allsorts , all the horror stories . I swear my mind has caused some of my symtoms by reading up on them . Never ever again will i google , i just ask on hear .

sandy40
24-03-11, 16:35
I dont google anything about my symptoms now,havent for a while..my psychologist told me its all full of crap info from non medical people she said even Wikipedia is not from a health professional source!!! i thought it was.:doh:

snowgoose
24-03-11, 16:36
thank you all for replying :hugs:
so many of us out there
I am not thinking now I have MS ........even though I have optic neuritis .it has been 15 years since thank goodness x
But my problem started when insurance years later wouldnt insure me .
THAT really shook me to the core .....and my health anxiety took off big time .
yes I was a worrywort before :blush:...............but kept it contained .

And yes I adore the internet cos otherwise I wouldnt have met you all :)
........but hell what a Pandoras Box of fear it has opened in Google sites .
and the insurance industry too .

all this has made us more educated ..................but hell what a double edged sword eh?
why am I so scared of having my eyes tested now for just unable to read newspaper ? ha ha !!! best not ............tis the Daily Mail health page :mad:

thank you xxxx:hugs:

sandy40
24-03-11, 17:22
Snowgoose,i worked at my local hospital since i was 16 until i had my little girl at the age of 31,i worked in the xray dept as assistant for 10 of those years..i heard many bad stories,never the 1000's of good stories that came and went through the doors,its the bads one i never forget.x

snowgoose
24-03-11, 17:33
Hi Sandy:)
oh heck yes ..........working in hospital raises your health alert signals :oh my:
you work with illness every day and it is what becomes your normal life signals .
I am exnurse in cancer care .

but Sandy ...you wrote me a lovely reassuring reply and it made me feel better .
I wonder if by answering other posts ...it gives answers to us inside .
if we write to help others ......then we speak to our own inner mind :bighug1:
you told me not to fret and it was so nice to have mail ..........believe your own words now .
thank you so much xxxx