PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the other side of the pond:)

Stepher
23-03-04, 03:05
I've been reading your posts for the last couple of days. You have a very nice site.
Thanks for the e-mail Nicola.
A little about myself:
I live in Los Angeles. I suffered my first panic attack 4 years ago. I'm not on any medication for them, I prefer to go the natural route, if at all possible. I just started a suplement program today, B complex and magnesium citrate. I exercise daily and for the most part, I can talk myself out of an attack. I was doing great for awhile until some recent health problems...so I would like to connect with others who know what it's like to tackle anxiety, and yet have setbacks under stress.
I look forward to meeting everyone.
Steph

red
23-03-04, 10:17
Hi Steph! Like a lot of us, the natural route is the preference although some of us can't make it on that alone to start with, at least. I do pretty much the same as you do plus relaxation sessions whenever I can but at least once per day - I find this helps enormously.

Good for you managing this for so long. I think when we do that, we tend to forget the feeling of being 'normal' so that when we get under stress, the normal body and mind reaction that we have is somehow put under a microscope by and made a bigger issue than it is. Only because the feelings are similar to those when we are in acute anxiety or panic - it's like we have developed a fear of fear. 'Normal people' can just shrug stress off relatively quickly - we just think we are being 'hit' again! This is what I think, I hope it helps!

Keep up the good work and take some more anti-stess measures - relaxation etc.

Take care and post again soon!

Red
x

kate
23-03-04, 11:54
Hiya Steph,

Just to say Welcome to the site.

You will find a lot of help and support here, so keep posting!

Kate x

brill
23-03-04, 12:07
Hi Steph and welcome to this site,I must totally agree with you on this being a good site,because it is the best site I have found (although it is in england and I am in australia.these days distance knows no bounds.).
Well done on the natural thing it is my perfurd way to go,If you have any questions just ask these people somebody normally has a very good answer :).

Best of luck Brill
Ps keep up the good work.

Meg
23-03-04, 16:46
Hi Steph,

Sounds like you're well on your way to recovery.

Often when we're unwell the heat and heart racng and unexplained symptoms are enough to set you off worrying about whether you're about to panic again...

Red is correct , we learn to be so attuned to each symptom so when we get stressed - for a very good natural reason - its automatically scaled up in our heads that it may be the chronic panic returning !

Scale it down and move on to busy yourself and refocus elsewhere.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
23-03-04, 21:31
Hi Stepher

Thanks for coming back to the site.

I am pleased to hear that you are doing all the right things like vitamins and exercise - that should help immensely.

What health issues did you have recently may I ask?

You will get loads of support and advice on here so post away if you wish and we look forward to hearing more about you.

What is it like in LA then - darent go there - too long a flight for me I am afraid.

Nicola

Brownie
25-03-04, 04:02
Hi Steph,
welcome to the site. Good job on going the natural route wish i couldve done that but i just couldnt handle the anxiety on my own. You sound like you are doing very well on your way to recovery. Hope to see you around. lol Nic I live right by New York and couldnt imagine the plane ride to L.A!

-Christie[:I]

Stepher
25-03-04, 07:49
Hi Everyone,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. LA is just like what you see on TV and the movies, with alot of traffic and smog. LOL! I love it here despite some of the negatives. I have always wanted to travel to England, but as you said, it's a long trip, and I think I would have a nicotine fit without my smokes. I am trying to quit I swear. LOL!
I had a bi-lateral mastectomy a couple of months ago and I'm due to have lung surgery after I finish the expansion process. That stuff is actually easier than dealing with panic attacks and anxiety if you can believe it. I was close to conquering my anxiety, although not cured when all of the other health stuff came up. I look at it as a small set back and hopefully when I'm finished with everything I will get back on track.
So far the supplements I'm taking are working great. I would recommend them to anyone.
Sorry to sound stupid, but what is the time difference between the states and the UK?
I have a feeling I'm going to sleep when you guys are getting up. :)
Steph

Meg
25-03-04, 16:25
You're about 12 hours behind us.

Meg

me
28-03-04, 20:33
Hello Steph, oh you live in sunny LA you lucky thing well im Mary who lives in rainy England ha ha. Welcome to this site its brillant and everyone are really kind . Hope you are feeling ok and you are having a great weekend, Take care from mary