PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobic from Nottingham

Chinx
24-03-11, 22:54
Hi just wanted to introduce myself!
I'm Kirsty i'm 19 and i've been agoraphobic since Dec 09. I think it was brought on by stress. I was severely depressed for about 4/5mnths after developing agoraphobia i managed to pull myself out of it though and didn't have to take any medication and still haven't to this day. I am still however struggling with long distance travel and going almost anywhere on my own. I have come a long way though i used to not even be able to be alone in the house now i walk to town and back alone! I am having CBT and finding it somewhat useful. I'm here to give and receive advice support and tips!

diane07
24-03-11, 22:56
Hi Chinx

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Chinx
25-03-11, 01:48
Thankyou for the welcome x

shoegal
25-03-11, 02:44
Hello. I'm another fellow agoraphobia sufferer. I'm currently struggling to walk my dog around the block although 8 weeks ago I could do that without any problems at all! This anxiety lark is strange! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. :flowers:

Rhiannan_scott
26-03-11, 01:57
Hey im also from Nottingham too and have recently started suffering bad panic attacks leaving the house etc ive had them since the age of 15 but managed to keep thwm under control until now (im 24) at the moment my doctor has precribed me beta blockers which i havent taken any yet! As i dont want to start taking medication unless i really have to, where abouts in notts is ur CBT? x