PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get shooting pains on top of head?

Nattyburt
25-03-11, 14:57
Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone else gets sharp pains on the top of there heads, which is worsened by coughing or bending over.

I've had this for 2 days now, and i am really starting to freak out that i have a brain tumour?

What do you reckon? any advise would be much appreciated!

xxx

Mondie
25-03-11, 15:05
I get this occassionally, sometimes the pain is so sharp it takes my breathe away. I can get it sometimes when I am bending over or coughing. I'll be honest with you and say that I have no idea why it happens, all I know is that I have had this loads of times for many a year, so I figure that it can't be serious! Are you drinking enough, sometimes dehydation can cause pains in your head, just a thought?

Sorry I couldn't be much more of a help! I'm sure it's not a brain tumour (most BT's don't have head pain as a symptom weirdly enough!)

:bighug1:

Nattyburt
25-03-11, 15:10
Hey Mondie,

Thanks for your reply. Im glad it's not only me experiencing these wierd pains - they take my breath away too.

Maybe it's just a trapped nerve or something, probably will be gone tomorrow! fingers crossed!

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, no more dr google for me!

xx

snowgoose
25-03-11, 15:23
I get this loads and just ignore it now :)

it isnt a brain tumour :hugs:

Ellis81
25-03-11, 21:38
Hiya - Im so glad im not the only one! I have this like tearing pains on my head, I get a dull achey kind of headache, and sometimes my temples feel like they are pulsating or something...prob me making it seem that way! Thing is I've been concerned as I had a blow to the back of my head 7 wks ago (never been right since...hence ongoing anxiety and panic attacks!!) anyway convinced that I have something major wrong with me that docs have missed I finally get to have a CT scan 3 days ago - and the results were clear..so why am I still anxious and getting head pains! Well..like the others have said it appears due to being dehydrated - the dr said today most important when you suffer this panic disorder is to rehydrate regularly and eat often..and the anxiety seems to cause it.
:hugs: