PDA

View Full Version : slightly painful lymph node under jaw?

miniholly
25-03-11, 18:29
hi everyone sorry to post AGAIN, but i've had a swollen lymph node under my jaw now for a good few months, no other symptoms but for some reason its started hurting i don't know why :( i'm really scared its lymphoma or another cancer, it doesn't hurt to tough it just randomly hurts, it's still the same size.
i do feel a bit run down lately aswell.
am i okay? :(
xxx

sb001f8994
25-03-11, 19:31
Hi there,
I have what I think is a lymph node under my jaw. I can move it and even get it inbetween my fingers. Is this what you can do with them? If its not a lymph node perhaps its a cyst?
Anyway I wouldnt worry too much as my daughter gets them in her groin and her gp says nothing to worry about as they almost always coincide with a minor infection/upset in the body. My daughters last swelling was due to a cat scratch!
Take care,

haynsey
25-03-11, 19:40
I suffer from night sweats and was told that lymphoma called be one of the causes, scared!! So next week I have to have xrays and blood tests. Those lymph nodes can cause so much stress!!

haynsey

miniholly
25-03-11, 22:21
thanks sb :) turns out its just another infection as my mum has a painful lymph node aswell and the same symptoms as i have so looks like a trip to the doctors is in order!

and haynsey i hope all the tests go well for you, remember night sweats are caused by anxiety too or anti-depressants if you're on them can cause them aswell i'm sure you're fine :) xxx