PDA

View Full Version : hypnotherapy to help panic

crazychick
08-04-06, 11:18
i am due to start hypnotherapy on monday to help me cope with my panic attacks. i've been looking at information on this site about hypnotherapy and i am now a little worried. my doctor says its not to actually hypnotise me its just to help me de-ocus during an attack and to help me to stop panicking. i am happy with that but i am working half an hour after my appointment and i don't know if thats a bad idea. i've also heard that some people feel worse after it and i am worried it might make me worse rather than help and i don't know if i should of agreed to it.

Karen
08-04-06, 12:29
Hi crazychick

Starting anything new is scary because it is fear of the unknown. However, having hypnotherapy is nothing like you might have seen on TV shows etc. It is very relaxing and you are aware of everything that is going on the whole time. If at any time you don't feel comfortable, you can just open your eyes and ask the therapist to stop. You remain in complete control.

I've had hypnotherapy many times and found it to be really beneficial. I feel the best I can ever feel after I had a session of this.

I hope you make it to the appointment at at least give it a true. This could be very beneficial.

Let us know how you get on.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

carlin
08-04-06, 15:03
Hi there,
Totally agree with Karen. Have had it a few times and it was of great benefit to me, actually went shopping straight afterwards, which i hate at the best of times! Give it a go, and, as Karen has said, let us know how you get on. x

nomorepanic
08-04-06, 15:50
Hi Crazychick

I used to love Hypnotherapy and used to go in my lunchtimes so I was working both before and after the session. It was very relaxing and really chilled me out.

I am sure you will love it once you get there and try to make the most of it by relaxing as much as you can.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Nicola

crazychick
09-04-06, 10:24
thanks for you comments - that makes me feel a bit better about it. i think it is fear of the unknown as well. fingers crossed it goes ok.

honeybee3939
09-04-06, 10:47
Hi Crazychick,

Hope the Hypnotheropy goes well for you, im thinking of starting sessions, so please keep us informed how things went.

Good luck

Andrea
xxx

mirry
09-04-06, 18:19
CAN I ASK EVERYONE HOW MUCH DID THE SESSIONS COST ?

mirryx

Dave
09-04-06, 19:51
I had about 3 hypnotherapy sessions earlier this year as I was suffering bad anxiety at work in my previous job. Don't worry, it's relaxing and nothing to worry about. It seemed to work for a short time and helped me to look at how I was viewing things in a negative way, have to say it never actually got rid of the anxiety altogether though. I've since turned to homeopathy which is working well so far.

Karen
09-04-06, 19:56
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">CAN I ASK EVERYONE HOW MUCH DID THE SESSIONS COST ?
<div align="right">Originally posted by mirry - 09 April 2006 : 18:19:48</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
The fees vary for different parts of the country and on the experience of the therapist. The cheapest here was about £30 per session, but I also saw someone who charged £80 - though she was excellent and her practice was in a city.

Some therapists do a sliding scale of fees with reductions for people who are not working or on low incomes.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

crazychick
09-04-06, 21:36
i'm quite lucky that my GP has a hypnotherapist who works at her surgery so i'm actually gettig it on the NHS which is really good and my doctor is quite positive it will work.
howw long do hypnotherapy sessions normally last? how do they work? i think i'm starting to worry as its in the morning.

Dave
09-04-06, 22:22
Mine cost £25 for about 2 hours, she is a friend of the family so she did it cheap. My sessions involved looking at the triggers of the anxiety, my thinking patterns and then changing these into positive thoughts. We finished by doing a kind of deep relaxation, similar to meditation. I felt better for a while but then after a few weeks the anxiety returned, although I did cope better.