PDA

View Full Version : Getting though school

NatashaDNP
26-03-11, 07:00
Hi, I am new on this site. Just found out about it tonight. I am wondering if there is any one who is currently in school and dealing with depression. It wasn't until I failed my midterms and didn't want to go to class and was crying every night that I realized I should see a doc. I missed almost a full week of class before I started on cipralex, then I missed another week. My semester has only three weeks left before exams but I feel like I am so far behind that it is not worth finishing the semester.
Any advice?

Thanks!

honeyp1e
26-03-11, 07:32
Just wanna welcome you to NMP you will find all the help & advice you need x xx x

Spongeballz
29-03-11, 00:58
Not in school Natasha but a first year at university, so I guess I can relate. I too have just been diagnosed with depression after a similar situation, was struggling to concentrate doing any work, was feeling really low and taking things out on the people around me. I also failed my midterms and am struggling to engage with the outside world and my friend at university, guessing you find the same? Are there days when you just don't want to talk to people?

With regards to advice on your exams, I'm not sure how the system works in Canada and whether or not you can resit the year or whatever, but if I were you I'd definitely carry it on. Do you have any friends that could fill you in on what you missed, so you could copy their notes or whatever? And importantly, speak to a teacher or tutor, as they may be able to give you help and support regarding revision if you just explained you haven't been well and missed class. At the end of the day, they're there to help you, and they will :)

Welcome to NMP btw, guessing we're newbies together eh? :)