PDA

View Full Version : sometimes you just cant cope

Granny Primark
26-03-11, 07:30
Im an hobbling 56 year old nanny that has 2 children and 1 grandaughters. All of which I love dearly.
We dont see our son, but theres never a day we dont think of him.
Im struggling to walk cus of a fall ive had and feel 86 instead of 56.
We have just lost a dear family member that we loved dearly and at the funeral Thursday my son snubbed my hubby.
My hubby went towards him and he said it wasn't the time or place and walked away.
Liife is too short and its at times like funerals you would think that people would realise that.
Ive been struggling to cope for a while and everytime ive felt sad have had a glass of wine.
Ive faced my demon drink and have been doing really well but Thurs was just too much for me to cope with and sadly yesterday I turned to drink to take away the hurt.
Theres only so much you can cope without a crutch.
Im ashamed now.
The only crutch now I need is one to help me walk or a zimmer frame:blush:

snowgoose
26-03-11, 13:36
Just seen this Lynn:hugs:

am so sad that you are having such a horrid time . So many blows to deal with x
I dont think there would be many of us who wouldnt self medicate with a drink again after such hurt and worry . I know where you are coming from though ......I did it tooooooo often in the past . Please dont beat yourself up over it x

families eh? sure know how to wound . Your hurt is profound and unnecessary for your son to react like that ......feel for you as mum to another ...all I can suggest is always keep trying to heal the rift ......by letter or e-mail ,cards etc
then you know in your heart you have done all you can regardless of blame .

you injury must make you feel very vulnerable .and heck the shock of it all too.
It is early days though Lynn ........be gentle with yourself ...........it will take time ....are you having physio?

the spring is here now .............take solace in the garden while you rest your injury .......and look at the new growth and renew hope xxx

nurture yourself for a change..............bet you havent done that for while!

sending hug xxx