PDA

View Full Version : Ladies question - thrush?

Catalyst
26-03-11, 09:40
Hi everyone, when I went to the bathroom 2 nights ago I noticed a slight pink coloured discharge ('discharge' not noticeable until I dabbed - so not much at all.) It was then 7 days before my period is due. Since then it has slightly increased, but still only very lightly pink in colour. However, I've also got uncomfortable & a bit itchy down there. I went and brought a tablet for thrush, thinking that the itchiness felt the same as when I've had that... but the discharge is not really consistent with it, is it?

Has anyone had thrush WITHOUT the typical "cottage cheese" discharge OR has anyone had spotting with thrush? My reasoning is that if the lining is irritated (especially near my period) then it is not far-fetched to think it might bleed very slightly. :shrug:

Of course, it's the weekend now, so looks like I'll have to wait till Monday to see a doctor. Mind you the thrush tablet would take most of the weekend to work anyway, so if it is that it should be better before then.

harasgenster
26-03-11, 10:42
You could just be spotting. I sometimes get that a week before period if I've been stressed.

As for thrush, you can get any one of the symptoms on its own, I think. I only get discharge without itchiness or soreness. Some people just get a bit itchy.

Hope the pill works and you get better soon :)

Catalyst
26-03-11, 11:17
Hi thanks for reply. Yes I suppose it could be 2 unrelated things. I usually don't get spotting more than 3 days before period starts, so its good to know some people get it earlier. Maybe thats it. Thanks.

flumpkin
26-03-11, 21:59
Hiya, I had mid cycle bleeding a couple of times and no other symptoms of thrush. I was really scared thinking it was something horrible and went for blood tests, internal, swabs etc - result was thrush. So yes bleeding can be thrush and you def don't always get all of the symptoms. Could also be spotting before period. Hope you are sorted soon x

Catalyst
27-03-11, 15:30
Thanks flumpkin! That is very encouraging - thank you for the help. :)