PDA

View Full Version : Cancer fear

JulieJay92
27-03-11, 19:38
I made the mistake of googling unexplained dramatic weight loss and have scared myself stiff

I am only 7stone ish and was 9 stone 4 in september

I haven been on a diet or anything but i have been walking alot but not enough to lose 2 stone

I went on the contraceptive pill in august and put weight on for 1 month but now its just dropping off me

I have had bad stress etc and anxiety but can it really cause this weight loss

My boobs are now back to a 32a and i feel skeletal and my OH says i look like a boy despite my long hair and makeup

My smear in 2010 was clear, i was convinced i had a lump and my left boob was swollen but doctor checked it in augut and said it was nothing to worry about and their was deffinately no lump

ANyone have any ideas

I have restarted amitryptline and have just stopped nexium as my BP worries me and i was obsessed but try not to be now

thanks

Em.ma
27-03-11, 20:12
Hunny i know how you feel. I was 10 stone now im 8 (lost this in october)

I know stress/anxiety can cause this BUT of course i worry to x

haynsey
27-03-11, 20:49
Hi,
Yep i have got the same probs as well as night sweats, so my anxiety levels are up.
My weight loss could be due to stress and a low appetite. Is is a cruel circle for us.
I feel like a skeleton myself!!
X

Zee
27-03-11, 21:07
Yes, absoulutely..anxiety and depression can bring a lot of weight off.

shoegal
28-03-11, 04:03
I have lost almost 2 stone in about 2 months due to stress and anxiety.

JulieJay92
28-03-11, 07:09
OMG - i didnt realise so many others have this

I had 3 good meals yesterday and was full up but just cant put any weight on

macc noodle
28-03-11, 07:19
Hi Leiajulie

Yep, stress and anxiety can do this to you - it can also work the other way too (ie., putting weight on).

If you are doing regular walking (and were not going it before then), I would say that an average weight loss of 5lbs per month is not that unusual.

Add this to the stress you are under too hun, and you have no need of fearing cancer (says she who fears she has it and is too fat to feel the lumps!!!!!!!!!)

Take care and keep up the walking as it does actually help to alleviate some of the stress - or so they tell us.

:hugs:

Jan
xx