PDA

View Full Version : just taken first anti depressent..

daisycake
27-03-11, 21:16
And I'm terrified, so scared it will have all sorts of nasty side effects.. It's 5mg cipralex.. So scared!

daisycake
27-03-11, 21:22
Beyond terrified to be honest.. I read stories online about people who had hallucinations and suicidal thoughts and all sorts I'm so worried. And I feel weird even though only took them 10 mins ago!

Nutty
27-03-11, 22:00
Good luck Daisycake, I will be joining you shortley hope you are feeling ok and that they work brilliantly for you, don't think of the negative things, just think of the positive ones stay strong matie xxxx

cymraig_chris
27-03-11, 23:05
Post removed by author

cymraig_chris
27-03-11, 23:14
Post removed by author

smb25
27-03-11, 23:15
From my experience, Cipralex has been a better AD than others and I have tried about 4 different types. Also you are starting on a low dose (as I did). You probably will have some side effects, most do but they DO pass after about 2 weeks, and mine were not too bad. Feeling sick, loss if appetite and I did get a bit more anxious for a couple of days. I increased to 10mg after 10 days. Stick with them, you will get through it, it might not seem like it at the time but you will.

Read some of the posts under the medication forum for Cipralex/escitalopram. They really helped me (and still do).

Don't worry, you will get there. btw - I very much doubt the tablet would have caused those weird feelings after 10 mins, thats just your anxiety taking over!

:hugs:

letitgo
28-03-11, 02:32
Oh my god, you sound like me! Tomorrow I'm going to see a psychiatrist and I'm freaking out! I'm so afraid of the side effects of the medication! What if I get suicidal? :scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15:

But I know that's just anxiety, and that things will start getting better as soon as I start taking the right meds, so yeah! :yesyes: Just try to relax, everything will be fine!

daisycake
28-03-11, 13:25
Thank you all for the reassurance :) calmed down after about half an hour - and managed to get some sleep. Felt very groggy and weird after a couple of hours, then very dizzy, felt like I had come out of a general anaesthetic, but it did go away. Woke up this morning with more of the same then a dry mouth and achy joints - just like a bad hangover/cold. I have the cold anyway so it's hard to tell what's the cold and what's side effects.

daisycake
28-03-11, 20:36
Is it normal to get palpitations on these - and waves of dizziness?

honeyp1e
28-03-11, 22:28
Is it normal to get palpitations on these - and waves of dizziness?

when i started my tabs i got palpitations and like you i was freaking out thinking all the worse i was also getting nausea just give your tabs time you will soon feel the difference xx

barbn
28-03-11, 22:44
I agree with what everyone has posted - you may get a few side effects, although, I don't think it is anything to worry about. When I first started, I kept track of how I felt and when - When I first started taking meds I felt dizzy, my heart raced, and I felt sick to my stomach everytime I took a pill. YUCK! Who wants to fell like that all the time? With the first set of meds the side effects did not go away after about 30 days...not to worry, we took a look at switching my meds...we did and found something that worked for me and my body. I take meds now with no side effects at all.....Give yours meds time, pay attention to your body and don't be afraid to ask questions!!