PDA

View Full Version : Bowel Cancer????

worriesalot
27-03-11, 21:21
Hello Everyony,

Ive been having small blood stains on toilet paper almost everyday for the past 2 weeks now. My GP's tell me its hemmerhoids and bleeding is normal.

Today I decided to go to A + E about it...they took a blood test, which came back normal and the Doctor did a rectal examination...she stuck her finger up my anus for 2 seconds and said I have a small hemmerhoid but theres no tears or fissures. She said I have classic symptoms of hemmerhoids and the can take months to heal.

I told her straight out Im afraid of cancer she said its unlikely for my age but if im still concerned I can go to my GP and arrange a colonscopy.

Ok so a few hours after leaving the A + E...I wiped my anus and there was a lot MORE blood stains...is it possible that the doctor injured my anus? or did she pop the hemmerhoid?

Im worried like hell about this...im 26 years old and I have convinced myself Ive got bowel cancer...i mean what else could it be? Ive also got some pains in my stomach on the left side and right side.

Every doc ive spoken to tell me im worrying too much :(

Ive become so used to the idea of cancer that now im starting to just adapt to it and not panick as much. Now im just depressed and miserable.

I have a job interview tomorow morning and I REALLY am NOT in a mood for it.

I just want to call the Surgery tomorow and arrange a colonscopy :weep::weep:

ann88
27-03-11, 21:31
Hi,

Sorry I can't help as I don't know a lot about cancer or symptoms etc. However, the fact is that you have been checked out by more than one doctor and told you're ok. I do know how hard this is to accept, as it doesn't matter how many doctors, or even cardiologists, tell me that all my tests are fine, I still have this doubt at the back of my mind that they may have missed something and I might drop dead of a heart attack any day now.

The fact is that you know yourself better than anybody, and you know whether you think you will be able to overcome this fear in time. If I were you, I would visit your doctor and rather than requesting another examination, which would really be covering 'old ground', I would focus more on explaining your fears and anxieties, specifically that you are worried you may have some kind of cancer.

You may find that the doctor provides you with an explanation that satisfies your anxieties; after all, it is enough more most people to simply be told that it is just haemorroids (bad spelling?!) and they will go on their way. Unfortunately, for some of us, that isnt enough, and we will go away reassured for a day or a week, before our worries return.

If their answer isn't enough to calm you, by all means ask if it would be possible to be referred for more thorough tests.

Now I'm no doctor, but the fact is that you are very young, the chances of it being cancer are extremely EXTREMELY slim, especially considering you aren't having any other symptoms AND you have been examined several times by more than one health professional. As much as we doubt them sometimes, these guys do know what they are talking about. But I know as well as anyone how hard it is to accept their verdict that we are fine.

Hope you get some reassurance soon. :)

shoegal
28-03-11, 04:01
There are risks with having a colonoscopy. I wouldn't have one unless you need one, and YOU DON'T NEED ONE! You have the symptoms of piles and not the symptoms of cancer. As the other poster said, you have been checked by more than one Dr and they both think you are fine, so please stop worrying. YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER TESTS, however, it would be in your interest to treat the piles so that the symptoms stop worrying you.