PDA

View Full Version : symptom of anxiety or what?

katiep
27-03-11, 21:28
I have been out of my mind with worry over last 10 days, is it possible, to swap your symptoms once reassured

what i mean is i had spotting - scared of cervical cancer - dr dismissed it completely

came out of dr spotting stopped later that day

had googled it, saw ovarian cancer symptoms, did genuinly have low back pain following an accident, saw that and the accompying leg pain, and had it off n on since..

im thinking had i not saw the symptoms i would probably not have the worry am i right or just looking on the bright side?

hope this makes sense
x

bottleblond
27-03-11, 21:51
Abosolutely definately 100%....NEVER EVER google health issues as more than likely it will throw up the worst case scenario and 99.9 % of the time is way off beam.

People suffering with health anxiety will look for symptoms of serious illness and then refer to Dr google to give them a diagnosis.

i.e if i googled sore toe, it could throw up toe cancer when i may have possibly just banged or twisted it.

Have faith in your own gp and and throw Dr google to the kerb.

Take care

Lisa
x

ktg123
27-03-11, 22:35
Hi before i found this site i use to google everything and it just turned me into a complete wreck making my anxiety 110% worse.Now I try and stay well clear of dr google as according to him ive had nearly every illness going.My doctor use to get so mad with me if my first words were ive looked on the internet!
And as for symptoms changing that happens to me a LOT this time last year my main worry concern was my lungs and all my symptoms were based around my breathing now its gone to worries over my heart and all my symptoms are heart forcused.Its like the anxiety is fighting us back just as we start to feel ok and reasured over our symptoms bang incomes something new to put us right back at square one :shrug:
Kim x

katiep
27-03-11, 22:39
Thank you both for replying to me, funny my leg pain has gone tonight but my back pain is sorer, lol i used to have dizziness problems and was always sure i had brain tumour, this time my anxiety is cancer of cervix or ovaries ... just wish i could treat it like the bully it is but maybe one day!! thanks again x

shoegal
28-03-11, 03:36
Hi. We all have aches and pains sometimes but if we start worrying about them and focusing on them they will seem so much worse than they are.