PDA

View Full Version : Recent successes

allergyphobia
28-03-11, 09:48
Are you fed up of me yet??

Sorry if you all are a bit, but it helps me soo much to write down what I have overcome and I always hope when people read through my old threads that they can see how with hard work you can start to challenge anxiety and phobia...

Recent successes:
1) taking an anti-biotic I had never taken before
2) trying mushrooms, peas, lettuce, baked beans, aubergine (not all at once :winks:)
3) trying different brands of bread, chocolate, drinks, staple items like cans etc...
4) eating many foods with "traces of sesame" - probably number 3 BIG fear!
5) kissing my boyfriend when he gets in from work, this is a biggie, for so long i was too scared to kiss him until i had seen him eat something safe (poor boy)
6) trying white wine! and ribena :blush:
7) trying a 'pre-made' waitrose meal with lots of different herbs and spices, and a garlic bread with herbs I have been frightened of previously

I'm feeling pleased with how I am progressing and am pushing myself more on a daily basis, even in the evenings when at one time I just would have cried and cried and not done it.

My anxiety is lessening and lessening. I notice that when I first try something, often i get the "lump in throat" feeling. But as i try them for the second and third time, this gets less and less. I'm hoping one day it will vanish completely!

Thank you for all your support. I *know* I couldn't have done this without NMP. This site is a genuine lifesaver.

:hugs:

paula lynne
28-03-11, 10:23
So many fantastic achievements in a short time....Im so proud of you!:yesyes:
When you write it all down, it really emphasises how far youve come. You dont let the lump in the throat stop you, and as you found out, it gets better next time...x

All these new and varied foods are doing you so much good with all the vits and minerals, so your health will improve too! I wonder what foods you will try next!?

You are one of the great success stories on here Amber, Im so happy for you :yahoo:

harasgenster
28-03-11, 10:59
Well done! That's really fantastic news! Make sure you keep us updated! It's really nice to hear you're doing so well :)

Hazel B
28-03-11, 18:13
Never fed up of good news!

Well done!:D

allergyphobia
29-03-11, 11:22
Thank you everybody!!!

Well continuing on my challenges yesterday I ate something that "may contain traces of nuts".. i can't tell you how much of a big development this is for me. I just need to keep doing it, keep ignoring that little sentence... then this opens up so much for me, so much eating out, eating in, eating everywhere to be done, my poor waistline!!

Feeling really good today. Hope you are all too :hugs:

allergyphobia
29-03-11, 11:23
And you're so right Paula, getting it out makes me believe it's actually happening too!!

x

paula lynne
29-03-11, 12:19
YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURE SOON YOUNG LADY!!! You are brilliant! x:yahoo:

allergyphobia
29-03-11, 14:54
hehe Paula :blush: i reckon i owe you a bunch of flowers the amount of support you give me!! thank you :flowers: :hugs:

Leviathan
29-03-11, 17:47
Good job, nice to hear that you are doing well. Inspiration for everyone !

paula lynne
29-03-11, 18:15
Aww shucks dont start me off :weep::blush:
Thanks Amber x

allergyphobia
29-03-11, 21:44
Thank you! When i conquer a few more things I think I'm going to write a proper post about how far I have come. This site is such an inspiration, full of people fighting and fighting every day to battle this thing, whatever it is to that person, whatever demon it is. And here we come together, we support each other, motivate each other, comfort each other... there is always somebody to say "you can do it!", or "look what you've achieved"... since finding this site, when everybody around me was fed up of saying "it's ok", here there is always some one to listen
:hugs:

allergyphobia
04-04-11, 09:52
A great post Paul, thank you very much for your support.. means a lot!

I think that's a great way to put it about looking over your shoulder...!

:):flowers:

tnt808
06-04-11, 19:44
Good Job Ammberrrrr xxx

Those are really big steps my dear. You should continue to post every single new fear you conquer. It is necessary to acknowledge how far we've come- so as to not forget the journey! I am super proud of you, and look forward to reading more accomplishments !