PDA

View Full Version : Scared Im pregnant

louise123_uk
28-03-11, 10:10
I have very erratic periods and have posted on here about a whole manner of probs with weird bleeding, my periods being too frequent etc. However, now I havent had a period for about 7 weeks! I have had the too frquent periods things since I was about 11, but have never gone 7 weeks without one, they are usually every 2 to 3 weeks (each one a different number of days apart) to 4 weeks at the very most. Freaking out I now might be pregnant! Myself and my boyfriend always use condoms (always as Im paranoid about it) and to be honest we havent been having sex too much lately in any case (sorry for too much info) so Im hoping chance are very slim but am thinking the worst and that I must be!

Would a test like first response tell me if I am pregnant this early? Seriously scared I dont want chilldren so it really would be a nightmare for me!!! :-(

harasgenster
28-03-11, 10:16
Test would tell you at this stage, yes. I have similar fears and used to test myself all the time, even if I hadn't had sex for months!

If it puts your mind at rest take ONE test, but don't become reliant on them to reassure you. If the condom has never broken, I can't imagine how you'd get pregnant, so you've probably just missed a period. Happens to people under stress.

louise123_uk
28-03-11, 10:31
Yeah, Im going to try and not become obssessed with testing, over the last year I have done maybe 3 or 4 (with no real basis for these ones!). Just would want to find out very early if was pregnant, I even think I'd be paranoid if I was on the pill, quite alot of people in my office have admitted to randomly testing though, so maybe this slight paranoia is not that unsual for women

harasgenster
28-03-11, 11:01
I think it's pretty common! I still get periods on my birth control and I would hate it if I didn't!