PDA

View Full Version : Genuine/legitimate work at home?

mumble
28-03-11, 10:48
Does anyone know of any companies? I am too ill to work and cannot get out to even look. I've searched for almost a year high and low for work from home but they all seem to be scams from what I can read.

harasgenster
28-03-11, 11:00
I work from home for two companies. What kind of work are you looking for?

mumble
28-03-11, 11:08
I work from home for two companies. What kind of work are you looking for?

Any really - mainly anything computer or phone related - data entry, transcription, typing, etc.

bottleblond
28-03-11, 11:09
Oh me too. I'd love to work from home but like Mumble says, it's all scams. :mad:

xx

harasgenster
28-03-11, 11:13
Any really - mainly anything computer or phone related - data entry, transcription, typing, etc.

They're not all scams. The office-based company I work for is lower paid than the one I do over the internet, but I am a freelance writer working for two companies that have VERY bad reputations!

Not sure if there's data entry stuff, though, I'm afraid. Nothing that wouldn't just be a waste of your time. Sorry couldn't help! Hope you find something :)

lesleya
28-03-11, 11:28
Hi
I agree with lisa the jobs advertised on the net are mostly scams to get money out of you. But a few yrs ago i wanted a change from my job (and still do) but i found a home job advertised on the job centre internet pages for 'eaga' the energy saving company as they were advertising customer based vacancies to work from home, but after i had my interview they put the home jobs on hold for a while until they got all the funding they needed...you could maybe email them and see if anythings changed.
Wont do any harm to ask, they can only say no and you wouldnt have lost anything. Ive not bothered again as im thinking of giving up my job..to much stress.
Good luck and hope you find something soon
xxx

LucyR
28-03-11, 11:33
Hi, Yes, I find the same thing, they are either far too good to be true ie scams, or they are cold calling and thats very difficult to make anything at.

bottleblond
28-03-11, 12:45
Cheers Les hun, i may just do that xxx