PDA

View Full Version : Scared and trying myself insane.

lelespears
28-03-11, 14:31
Today i feel so anxious its just not funny, i was fine when i got up but now im in hell, i think cause my periods due any day this isnt helping either. I felt ill in January and thought it was my thyroid as im hypothyroid but my levels were good and my dr did a blood count and my iron level came back at 22 (7-150) and said i needed to supplement so im now using Spatone, i had a baby last year and since October last year i have battled to loose weight i was 10st 2lbs in Decmber and now im 9st 7lbs. Everyone keeps saying how thin i look and it honestly is just filling me with fear, i havent really been tryin to loose the weight and somehow the last half stone has suddenly come off, my anxiety isnt all the time so its not like im so anxious i cant eat. Im convinved i have cancer :wacko: i no its silly but i just cant help this.

My question is when the dr did my blood count if something was bad like having cancer would it show in my blood? Can periods really cause this nightmare with anxiety? And can low ferrittin make it worse?

So many questions sorry...

Lele x

kah
28-03-11, 15:07
Hi,
I think if anything was seriously wrong it would have shown in your bloods, not definitively that it was cancer but something would have been flagged up.
I lost an awful lot of weight when my anxiety was at it's worst and even though you may not feel anxious all the time, your body could be in panic mode and that would definitely be enough to make you lose weight. There's an awful lot of ladies on here whose HA has got a lot worse or developed since having children, that fear of never seeing our children grow up seems to feed our anxiety, you're really not alone hun.

K xxx

harasgenster
28-03-11, 16:29
Hi
Yes, you'll lose weight if you're anxious, but you will also lose weight because you've just had a baby. If the weight you gained when your were pregnant left you over a healthy weight and you then ate a normal, healthy diet, your weight will drop back to the way it was before you were pregnant. You've lost 9 pounds over three months. Don't worry about that. I think if there was something seriously wrong you would have lost weight more rapidly.

PanchoGoz
28-03-11, 17:49
Pereiods. The week before a perirod you think you won't live to the end of the month. You think your iron levels were bad though, mine came back 11! We are both thin, you may find you get low on iron after a perirod and you will feel all weak and depressed. Try to stuff down as much iron rich food as you can around that time, it will make you feel much better, and by the sounds of it you have plenty of room for it!

lelespears
28-03-11, 20:59
Thanx everyone. It really means alot. :hugs:

Lele x