PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy with fear. Could I have stomach cancer?

xXxEricaxXx
28-03-11, 15:29
I've been worrying about this for a couple of months now. These are my symptoms - bloating, pain in upper abdomen, belching, feeling acidic, flatulence, coughing, tiredness, constipation, burning sensation in stomach, upset stomach, sore throat, hoarsness, feeling sick (but never actually been sick) It's at the stage now where I'm frightened to eat because I don't want the pain but I just ate some carrot sticks, houmous and water and I have the pain. The pain seems to come on from nothing, as does the bloating.
I have my blood tests and everything came back fine. This didn't reasurre me. I am not being tested for cancer and I can't help but think if everything else is fine does this only leave one thing...? Liver function good, pancreas good, not diabetic, not anemic, cholestorol fine. H poylri negative. I'm having an endoscomy soon (not looking forward to it) and I'm dizzy with fear that I have stomach cancer. Should I feel relieved by my blood tests? If I do have stomach cancer would they of picked up something from them?

I am 25, non smoker, drink rarely, cancer is not in my family history, I am in a very stressful enviroment and am constantly stressed and anxious, I'm obese and have had a very bad diet which I'm trying to change now.

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you.

blueangel
28-03-11, 15:42
from what you've said, you don't fit in with the profile of a person who is at high risk of stomach cancer - nearly all of the people who get it are at least 40 years old (usually older) and you're nowhere near that.

However, a bad diet could be contributing to all sorts of problems, and also being overwight can lead to hiatus hernias, which will cause indigestion and other related symptoms. Stick with the changes you want to make to your diet as I'm sure that will help.

xXxEricaxXx
28-03-11, 16:08
Thanks blueangel x

Greenman50
28-03-11, 19:05
Sounds just like my stomach was for 4 months , its just probably excess acid brought on by stress and perhaps a poor diet ??

shoegal
28-03-11, 20:31
Your symptoms sound like IBS which cannot be diagnosed with tests. IBS is basically a sensitive stomach which is aggravated by certain foods and stress. Why are you having an endoscopy? You don't have the symptoms of stomach cancer and you are not in a high risk group so I would try not to worry about it. The worry will make your sensitive stomach worse. I have the same symptoms as you and I find greasy food and cheese in particular make my symptoms worse. A full stomach is better if you can find foods that don't aggravate your symptoms. I hope you feel better soon.