PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms pre-anxiety?

Nutmeg
28-03-11, 16:11
I know that I don't come one this forum as much as I should just when I'm not anxious reading about anxiety stuff makes me worse.

Anywho, I haven't had much anxiety recently and have managed to come off my meds successfully and all was going fine. However for quite a while I've been having issues with tingling in my hands and feet and a lot of twitching. This is something that has been off and on for a while and I try not to let it stress me out as I always thought it was due to anxiety. However recenetly it seems to have gotten more intense.... my eyes were twitch non-stop all weekend and my fingers were constantly tingling. I wasn't anxious when it started but the symptoms themselves made me anxious.

I'm not sure what to do. Had this happened to anyone else? That they get symptoms before the anxiety starts that it's the symptoms themselves that make you anxious rather than the anxiety causing the symptoms. I mean there's no point going to the doctors unless it gets worse etc I'm just finding it very unnerving and it's bringing back that anxiety which is annoying when I've worked so hard to get rid of it.

scaredstiff695
28-03-11, 16:42
yeah kinda, i get symnptoms when i dont feel anxious mainly cos your thoughts are doing it ubconsiously i think. spoke to my thearpist and they say its normal and will ease when you feeling better xx

Humly
29-03-11, 15:21
I usually get the symptoms first and then start worrying about them. If I didnt have any symptoms then I'm sure I wouldnt be so anxious about everything. For example, I am struggling with tmj and pain in my teeth at the moment which I've had off and on for 18 months. When the pain goes away, I am like a different person, full of energy and plans to do stuff but when it comes back, I get anxious and depressed and want to hide away. So for me its symptoms first, then worry. Hope this makes sense.