PDA

View Full Version : hello a short intro

catty
28-03-11, 17:46
hello,
thought i would join up here as it is comforting in some extent to know you are not alone in the way you feel as i'm sure people will agree anxiety and panic can feel quite isolating.
I suffered with panic attacks and depression years ago and was becoming agrophobic, i managed to clamber out of it but since starting uni again recently the panic attacks have re-occured in lectures (not helpful) and am frequently plagued with anxiety and its physical side effects which are becoming a real struggle to fight against.
I am desperately trying to carry on as normal and try things like yoga, meditation and enquiring about cbt. I was prescribed sertraline but after one pill i felt very sick and doped up so discontinued. I have been prescribed citalopram now which i'm putting off starting due to the fear of side effects and having to deal with those as well as the anxiety as i try and carry on as normal. ironically my uni course is mental health nursing and i do want to continue and do well however i'll be on work placements soon and am terrified i'll have to give up with it all becoming too much. when i manage to lose myself in something i enjoy the feelings do go away so just need to work towards feeling like that more often.
thanks
x

diane07
28-03-11, 17:47
Hi catty

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
28-03-11, 18:50
Hi Catty, nice to have you here with us, you'll get loads of help and advice here.:welcome: