PDA

View Full Version : cannot beleive i am asking again!!!

bexy84
28-03-11, 18:46
i cant beleive i am asking again even after i have been checked out but........... do u think if i had picked away a melenoma skin cancer it would have healed normally??? you see i picked a freckle off about 2 months ago and it has just healed like a normal scar heals.... i am woried i picked off a cancer now i cant look for change!!! but do you think i would be able to tell??? thanks again guys

snowgoose
28-03-11, 18:54
put that worry to bed :)

no way would it heal like that .....just a freckle .no more xxx

bexy84
28-03-11, 19:08
thankyou very much.... i cant beleive i am still worrying!!

shoegal
28-03-11, 19:33
Stop worrying. You definitely don't have a melanoma. :flowers:

bexy84
29-03-11, 11:32
Thanks again, I just find it hard to get my head round how they can still tell from looking at the healed skin if it is anything bad!!! Xx

blueangel
29-03-11, 15:37
I think you've answered your own question - if the skin has healed, that means that there isn't anything else there other than skin!!

BKF1515
29-03-11, 17:07
I am sure it is nothing. If it were a melanoma, wouldn't the skin be characterized by discoloration no matter what you did?

bexy84
29-03-11, 20:40
i never thought of that????? i suppose you couldnt pick it off really could u!!!

f4Gg0t_43
30-03-11, 05:50
Kind of relevant, can you get an infection from picking at a mole? I know you can get an infection from any sort of cut, but I'm just wondering if there's anything special about a mole.

Also can melanoma appear anywhere on the skin, or does it develop from a mole?

eeyorelover
30-03-11, 06:46
Melanoma can appear anywhere on the body.
In males a site normally appears on the trunk area (chest, back, head)...on women more likely on the limbs and head. The reason for this is that men are more likely to get sun exposure on their chest and back than women ;)

A mole doesn't have to appear. Can be a freckle or simply a spot.

What to watch for....Changes in color, shape, size, or if it breaks open on it's own.

Melanomas are not removed from a mole by simply removing the mole itself. There is a portion of tissue that is removed from under and around the area to make sure that all of the melanoma is removed.

I don't believe there is any more chance of getting an infection from picking a mole than any other area of the body.

My husband has Stage 3 Metastatic Melanoma that first appeared as a mole on his back. It changed in color and size and had to be removed along with about a 6 inch diameter section of his back around the original mole site.
He's cancer free right now and has to have check ups every 3 months to check for recurrence.
xxx
Sandy