PDA

View Full Version : Dermatologist appointment tomorrow!!!

fredwantstofeelgood
29-03-11, 00:25
I'm majorly panicked, have my skin screening tomorrow and am having a meltdown! I started googling again and have found so many pictures of melanoma that just look like regular brown flat moles.

I really hope I'm posting here tomorrow to say it all went well but I just can't see how that will happen. I feel so sick and my breathing is so restricted all day!!!

paula lynne
29-03-11, 10:54
Oh Fred, why did you have to google? Wherent you already anxious enough? No wonder you feel gripped by panic now. Come back and let us know how you get on, wish you all the best x

fredwantstofeelgood
29-03-11, 16:44
Thanks Paula,

Well i went for my complete check and the dermatologist wasnt overly worried about any of my moles, she looked quite quickly and just with her eyes and a magnifying lamp, but i know i have to believe she knows exactly what she is looking for. I feel relieved, and now i just have to work on not getting caught up in another anxiety cycle again, and i HAVE to stop googling. :)

paula lynne
29-03-11, 18:21
SO glad you have the all clear Fred! I know its tough when we are gripped by Health Anx, so I sympathise. BUT YOU ARE OK! WHOOP WHOOP!
Stop the googling now hun, or I will send INSPECTOR HAWKES round, and take it from me, you dont wanna mess with her!:nicked::whiplash:Youve done good, you recognise "THE CYCLE" of anx and panic and all the paranoid feelings, so next time you feel it begin, IMMEDIATELY get on here and let us help talk you down ok. Make the change, stop googling, you'll be so glad you did. In my opinion, that is the single worst thing that every happened to the internet. Never mind....onwards and upwards Fred, well done x