PDA

View Full Version : Good morning starshine, the earth says hello! :)

Spongeballz
29-03-11, 01:22
Hey guys! :yesyes: First time here on the forum so thought I'd introduce myself :)
My name's Bryn, I'm 18 and a first year student currently studying in London. I was diagnosed with depression last month, after a year and a half of insomnia and rapidly worsening moods. I was struggling to leave my room, felt too sad to attend uni a lot of the time and even hang out with my friends, and things have been and still are getting worse.
Since uni I took massively to alcohol and gambling, developing slight dependancies on both which only worsened my depression, silly I know, I'm dealing with both these issues now and haven't gambled in 3 months or drank in 3 weeks, which I feel is a valiant effort so far!!
Anyway, I felt it's time to take back my life, and with a little support from others I'm hoping I can do it :yesyes: The doctor's started me on Citalopram today, 10mg, which is what led me to this forum (there's a really good thread on the side effects here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9796) if anyone else is starting on it, may really ease your mind over it to view other experiences, it is mine!) so hopefully a mixture of that, a supportive network of friends and family and also hopefully support from this fantastic looking forum will help me reclaim my life :D
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on dealing with depression? Am thinking of starting a diary, does anyone else find this helps? I guess in a way, a forums like a diary isn't it..
But yes, any tips you guys have would be vastly appreciated, I mean I'm reading up on what I can do to help myself but at the end of the day, an article on depression will never be as useful as finding out from people that have been there, done that and got the Tshirt :blush:

Thanks guys!

diane07
29-03-11, 01:28
Hi Spongeballz

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
29-03-11, 11:13
Hi Bryn...good Welsh name!:D Great to have you with us.x:welcome: