PDA

View Full Version : it never rains but it pours!!

katz41
29-03-11, 03:20
hi all, its been a while
what a week!
made redundant from job in nhs on friday, but havent been formally notified just told that our department is closing this week, friday 1st april and they are doing ther best to find us redeployment posts
my poor mum had a stroke on saturday morning, rushed to emergency dept at local hospital, seen by stroke team and various tests done, now awaiiting results of CT CAROTID ANGIO
head all over the place, worreid sick about mum though thankfully she is up and about, here with me at home and apart from a bit of mild cognitive impairment ie finding words, recall a bit slow, she is otherwise ok, hopefully these symptoms will resolve, will have to wait and see, just glad i am here!
phew
got to ring manager today to see whats what and explain about mum..hopefully she will understand, i had to take yesterday off to go with mum to hospital so that may not have gone down too well! but they'll just have to lump it, am more worried about mum at the moment. we're seeing gp on friday to see what scan shows, then see what plan of action is..

blueangel
29-03-11, 09:44
Hi katz, are you in the union where you work? If so, get in touch with them about what's happening with your job.

if you're not in an union, make sure that your HR department give you a copy of their organisational change/redeployment policy, and make sure that they stick to this. I'm a senior union rep within the NHS, so if you need any advice, just drop me a PM.

katz41
30-03-11, 00:45
Hi katz, are you in the union where you work? If so, get in touch with them about what's happening with your job.

if you're not in an union, make sure that your HR department give you a copy of their organisational change/redeployment policy, and make sure that they stick to this. I'm a senior union rep within the NHS, so if you need any advice, just drop me a PM.

thanks blue angel, i may take you up on that, its a total mess at work apparently!!
i've had to take unplanned leave this week to look after mum but she is improving really well so i should be able to get back to work next week, i only work 20 hours a week, over 3 days,

yes im a union member, i've contacted my RCN steward who is based in the hospital but he is also on hols until next thursday so i will make an appt to see him then

thanks again