PDA

View Full Version : Slightly muffled/fullness right ear

JonnyUK
29-03-11, 03:54
Now as I am sure many others on here are, I am slightly paranoid about my health. However I am not sure if my symptom is real or me making it worse. The other day my friend put a pair of big headphones on my ears without me expecting it, and the noise on the headphones was really loud dance music, and I jumped a mile and he quickly took then off and apologised. However my right ear now feels full, as though constricted. The headphones were only on my ear for a second or two, but the noise was so loud and unexpected.

Could my ear have gone in to shock but only for a week ? As this happened on Friday and it is still as bad today, Monday. But I also worry I could be causing this feeling myself, as I tend to give myself problems but I am never ever sure if it genuinely is me causing these problems or if they actually exist.

Like the problem I have now for instance, I did a search and there is indeed a feeling of fullness that can happen after loud sudden noise, I was kinda hoping I wouldn't see that as the less results that appear for a symptom the more I put it down to me.

Can loud sudden unexpected music from headphones listening to for less than 3 seconds cause as much damage as a firecracker and gunshot ? As I know the latter two can cause permanent damage but surely they are much higher in decibel rating ?

So should I chill out and give it a week or does it sound it is something I should get looked at sooner than later ?

Lizziesaurus
29-03-11, 09:23
Go get it checked out, could be ear wax, or a perforated eardrum, ive had thAt before although that was painful. Just see your doc to put your mind ay rest if anything :)

karenjudy
31-03-11, 17:24
Any loud noise may upset your ears, I went to a rock concert and was at the front by the huge speakers, it was great but for 3 days i couldnt hear a thing only a masked background hiss like hearing noises under water, it did calm down, was your ear ok before he put the headphones on, maybe its caused some earwax to move and cover part of the ear drum, wouldnt hurt to get the doctor to have a look, but also try opeing and closing your mouth a couple of times sometimes this helps clear the tube that goes from your ear to the back of your nose, it may help if its just blocked. Good luck and sure it will be sorted soon

teez
31-03-11, 18:00
could be wax as already said,,i quite often get a muffled under water feeling in my right ear it can last upto a week ,,i hate it,, its normally when a bit off wax has moved about,,