PDA

View Full Version : hello!

rach6
29-03-11, 04:29
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around for a while, so thought it was finally time to join and introduce myself! My name's Rachel, 21, and I've been suffering from agoraphobia for the last two years. I was first diagnosed with depression and anxiety when I was 16, but have been suffering with it long before that, just took a while to figure out where my light headedness was coming from. I'm not taking any medication at the moment because I have admittedly refused to take any, I have an intense fear of having a bad reaction to anything - I won't even take painkillers unless it's absolutely necessary. The agoraphobia is my main concern at the moment, although I'm fairly sure it's all connected, as just going outside at all makes me panic. Before this happened I was in the middle of college and getting ready to apply to universities and it's become a never-ending frustration that I'm far from that person now - in fact, going to uni feels impossible. I know it's a long process sometimes but it feels like I take one step forward only to take five steps back.

As I've said I've been lurking so have had a little nose around, and can definitely see this place being a big help. It's nice to know you're not alone in this. :)

nomorepanic
29-03-11, 04:44
Hi rach6

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.