PDA

View Full Version : Really dry skin/excema on my face...

Lizziesaurus
29-03-11, 10:11
I get excema flare ups every now and again, it's not as bad as when I was younger and it's usually just more like very dry skin than anything now.

I got this patch on my face just under my right eye after I burnt the skin there frying an egg (dopey, I know :doh:!) but it goes red and dry now and again then calms down again and stays ok as long as I moisturise.

It's now flared up, I think maybe due to the stress I've been under but I can't get rid of it this time. I've used every moisturiser I have, hydrocortisone cream, that oil stuff that gets rid of scars, coconut moisturiser, not bought coconut oil yet though which I want to get.

I want rid NOW, everyone keeps asking 'oh god, what's wrong with your face' and it's driving me bonkers! I can cover it up with make-up but I'm not the sort who carrys make-up around, I just don't care that much for my personal appearence plus I doubt putting makeup on all the time won't help.
I also don't think the air con in work is helping.

Has anyone got any ideas? Pleaseeee :blush:

paula lynne
29-03-11, 10:47
Hi Lizzie, a friend of mines little girl was plastered in ezcema, some was infected and bleeding, she was only 5 bless her. The hydrocortisone from the GP was too strong for her.....my friend started using something called "Dream Cream" from Lush, and the eczema was completely gone in a month! Obviously, it took that long as she was so bad, but maybe if you got some and used it regularly, it would prevent attacks? Its full of natural organic stuff, its a big pot, and last ages. If you want a quick fix this time, a blob of Sudocrem will get rid of the flare up under your eye.:)

Lizziesaurus
29-03-11, 11:00
Thanks for that, I'll have a look for it when I next go shopping.
I'll try the sudocrem now though, never thought about it!

paula lynne
29-03-11, 11:05
Yes its good, it says on the front of the little tub its used for eczema...hope it works! (With 2 days of use, the skin may become a little dry, so you may need to put on a bland moisturiser when it heals) x

Lizziesaurus
29-03-11, 11:31
I couldn't find it! I'll have to pop to the shops and get some!

Lizziesaurus
29-03-11, 19:38
Sudocrem's working :D

paula lynne
29-03-11, 19:49
Lovely! x
Also good for minor burns Lizzie...watch them fried eggs next time love! :winks:

Lizziesaurus
29-03-11, 20:16
I stand well clear when frying anything now! :yesyes: