PDA

View Full Version : Is this diabetes, constipation or diet problems?

Zep
29-03-11, 13:42
Since wednesday I have been suffering from constipation. I changed my diet on the Friday, trying to eat only fruit (pears, prunes, apples, drinking orange juice) and bran flakes to help shift it.

However since then I have developed other symptoms.

- Hunger: I'm much hungrier than usual, and after I eat something it doesn't seem to take long for me to become hungry again.
- Urinating: I think I have been urinating more frequently... While it's not a case of me never leaving the bathroom, I am definitely going to the bathroom more than usual. I don't seem to be suffering from dehydration or increased thirst though.

So basically I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if these symptoms sound normal, either due to my rather sudden change in diet or the constipation itself, or if it could be something more dangerous such as diabetes, which I've heard increased hunger and urination are symptoms of (I should say that I have not noticed any of the other major symptoms though).

Dahlia
29-03-11, 14:36
Well I would have thought your increase in appetite was due to you only eating fruit? Low carbs etc.

In terms of urination - constipation can make you urinate more frequently, as it can push onto the bladder.

So I would say (and am not a doc!) that at this point, constipation seems to be the issue.

Zep
29-03-11, 14:58
I was thinking that, plus the moisture from the fruit maybe adds to the amount of time I need to urinate. Also I've mostly been drinking straight water, which I'd imagine goes through you a lot quicker.

Does anyone else have a second opinion on this? Or am I just rationalizing?