29-03-11, 17:45
hey all few things to ask
after passing a stool i notice a few red marks on my toilet paper
the stool look normal

last night i had bowl of tomatoes about a hour or so before bed last night

could the redness but from that? and how can you tell them a part

the doctor on friday sent me for blood test as i may cough up blood
result came back to day as normal and acceptable
i never hear them say acceptable before should i be worried?

PanchoGoz
29-03-11, 18:19
tomatoes wouldnt pass through undigested. It all ends up brown in the end, even you eat a rainbow!
I often poo blood spots, its nothing to worry about. I think someone said its just a little leak from a vein if you strain to hard and totally harmless xx

AllInMyHead
29-03-11, 18:41
The only exception to the 'rainbow' rule is beetroot. If you eat a lot of that and forget the results can be terrifying :roflmao:.

PanchoGoz is right about the cause though.

I think 'acceptable' in scientific / medical terms means fine, and nothing for you to worry about. It means all your tests will have been in the acceptable bounds, i.e. normal.

wotcanisay
29-03-11, 21:48
they was very small marks and like a cherry red color sorry to be gross

AllInMyHead
29-03-11, 22:10
Yes, that's definitely from the way out, not internal. You don't need to worry.

wotcanisay
29-03-11, 22:22
if there was something wrong my full blood count wouldnt have come back as normal right?

shoegal
29-03-11, 22:39
Right. :)

f4Gg0t_43
30-03-11, 05:45
You only need to worry if the bloody stool is black (internal bleeding). Red is fine. Could just be a phisher / hemorrhoid. Somewhere external (or close to external).

wotcanisay
30-03-11, 09:23
Wish I could stop worrying
It's all I do it's zapping my energy and drive
Feel so low

LittleMissPanicky
31-03-11, 12:20
I'm going through the same at the moment , but i am desperately trying to have faith in my doctors and that if something was wrong they would have said xxx

Zee
31-03-11, 14:37
Ive had that problem off and on for about 14 weeks.Mine started as a Fissure, but also have internal/external haemmoroid. Some days fine..depends on if you are pushing maybe a little too hard ?

worriesalot
03-04-11, 23:29
ive been dealing with this for the past 6 weeks or so. I havnt seen any blood for 5 days now. But my doc has reffered me to the rectal clinic in the hospital.

f4Gg0t_43
04-04-11, 09:38
I've had a fissure for 2 years now. It's not a big deal since I go like a month without it ripping open, but all it takes is being constipated once and it stings and lots of blood and it has to start to heal all over again.