PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again - Please dont spoil it panic!

paula lynne
29-03-11, 18:51
Thanks to this fab forum, Ive managed to make huge leaps with my agoraphobia, such a blessing after being trapped in the hell for 10 years. Its so good, my hubby and son now enjoy every weekend out, sand dunes 2 weeks ago, swimming in Swansea last week...for those who know me...this is huge!

Panics.....get a few "nasties" a couple of times a month, dealing with them.

Recent carpal tunnel syndrome diagnosis....its not the end of the world and my friends here have once again save me from lots of mental anguish.x

Ok, heres the problem.:weep:
(Those with anxiety, panic and PMS/PMT will get it especially....)

My hubby and I are invited to a 40th fancy dress. Ive had 3 monthes to get my costume sorted and enjoyed it. Even knitted hubby a 17ft scarf for his Tom Baker costume...very excited. Its happening this Saturday, and Im about a week from the dreaded period so migraines and vertigo prevail.

Something silly happened, and now its the end of the world. I lost the earring I made, it was a copy of the egyptian earring Madonna wears in the film "Desperately Seeking Susan", it was only made of salt dough, but I spent ages on it, and it looked great. I bought leggings, boots, fingerless gloves,.....cant you see...Im a bit anal when it comes to getting things right.

Not just that, my corset was too big. I paid for alterations and shes sewed it upside down, so its still huge on the waist and hips.....its all going wrong, and Ive got 4 days to go. My anxiety is bad in the form of palps and headache mostly. Lots of tingling in hands, but got my splints on.

Hubby just informed me he hasnt sorted a wig and hat for his costume, that just peed me right off! I gave him that to sort nearly 2 months ago! I spent 2 weeks knitting him a bleeding scarf! AND he hasnt sorted the babysitter yet!!! He said he would.......

I dont want to cancel, Ive been so looking forward to it, but worry about these anx feelings building, and that I wont look how I planned to look, its not right etc. Wish I could take my own advice. I know its not the end of the world. So what, its a silly party, but this is part of my recovery, and Im really struggling at the moment.
Sorry for the long post x:blush:

Idstain
29-03-11, 19:34
Hi Paula, I'm sorry you are feeling this way :(

I know it's an awful feeling getting this anxious when we know something big is coming up. You say you've dealt with this for ages so i'm sure you know from personal experience that no matter how awful we imagine things are going to be, they never really get that bad at all. You're still here aren't you.

I notice you are really one of the kindest people on this forum and maybe it would be nice to be a little kinder to yourself. Think about how happy you will feel afterwards and how happy your husband will be.

Good luck! :) i'm sure you'll be fine.

paula lynne
29-03-11, 19:43
Thank you Idstain, very nice of you to say so :blush:
This nurse cant seem to stop helping, its my calling.x
I want to go, really I do, just...the panic seems to be building every day and dont know what to do for the best. It maybe the last time I go and do this kinda thing at my age (Just 40)....I guess I wanted to make it a good one. Its hard to ask for help, as Im used to being the care giver, but as my mates on here know full well, I crumble badly before my period. Not even crumble...I fall at 100mph for a week...just awful. Shall I avoid the stress and not go?
Take the risk, and go? (Its 30 miles from my house) x

Hazel B
29-03-11, 20:03
I am sure your freinds will be really pleased to see you even if your outfits are not perfect. Can you delegate jobs to anyone at all for the hat and wig? If not, please try to go with your costumes as they are, I bet they look brill already!

You have done SO well and this is one of the set backs that can happen, anxiety sitting on your shoulder trying to wind you up. The worry before is always worse than the reality, try to imagine yourself having a giggle with all your mates and the party gpoing really well.

I'm thinking of you and send a big hug. :bighug1:x

snowgoose
29-03-11, 22:13
hello:)
och Paula ..............there isnt a lady here who wont empathise with you :hugs:
now is the time to pamper yourself with a lovely hot bath and lush soaps etc.
and plan ...............take control back ........and reinvent costume with tack sewing if necessary [get the bad lad of a hubby to do that since your hands are in splints ]
and you are a creative lady so get your pals to empty their jewellery boxes and their teenage daughters ones too for earring to reshape .
re babysitter .............that is absolutely your husbands job .as is his costume .

because you know :)......................all your friends will see that night when you arrive is your smiling lovely face .....................and so proud of you for fighting those nasty demons and winning with every step .

you costume had a lot of work into it I realise .........but all is not lost at all .
tell yourself you will go for just half an hour ......once you are there I bet you relax ........and feel so good . lets face it ........if you dont then it is a blip on your road ......just a pebble not a rock xx

dont fret ....tis just the old bugger anxiety trying to upset your plans :mad:

and he isnt going to win ...cos you have weapons in your armoury .and us :flowers:
hugs and positive vibes to you xxx

paula lynne
30-03-11, 00:29
Thanks ladies x

Maybe just half an hour, see how it goes. I can always leave if I feel funny right?
I wish it was my "good week"....nothing bothers me. Blooming hormones..GGGRRRRR.x

PS....Lush soaps sound GREAT! You know me well already! Nowt in house at the mo, bring on mothers day! x

Hazel B
30-03-11, 18:05
See how it goes, I am sure you will be fine when you're there.:hugs:

margaret jones
30-03-11, 18:10
Paula hun Relax and take a deep breath >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> there does that feel better ?? You will go to the party and have a ball, also look fab lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx