PDA

View Full Version : Feeling weird

RND2011
29-03-11, 19:54
Hi - I am a fist time poster so I hope I am doing this right. I have basically felt "weird" for about three years now. A random selection of my symptoms at any time are feeling slightly dizzy, feel warm patches on my face, face pain, random head twinges, feeling detached from my body, sweating etc etc.

This has made me fearful of driving and I have had panic attacks resulting from panicking about feeling odd. I also suffer from migraines and am taking propranolo, amlodopine and ramipril for high blood pressure.

My point is this. Can this really all be put down to anxiety? I have been told that I have GAD from numerous doctors and have had a lenghty course of CBT but here I am feeling the same. My life is stressful at the moment with plenty to worry about and I really can't see anyway past this.

If anyone has experienced similar and has any tips or observations I really would be very grateful. I am a 42 year old married father of two.

I am very grateful.

paula lynne
29-03-11, 21:12
Hi welcome to the forum x
Im a long time suffer of panic, anx and agoraphobia, who sufferes with migraine.
My hubby happens to be on here with me tonight, and wonders if you work under/near fluoresent light (sorry for spelling)
All these sensations can be anxiety, they can also be side effects of medication. You say you are under a lot of stress, maybe if you delt with that the sensations would ease? In the meantime, can I recommend Susan Jeffers "Feel the fear and do it anyway". its a great read. Learning how to breath properly is a bonus. Hope you feel better soon x

RND2011
30-03-11, 20:07
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I think your husband may definitely be onto something - I really think there is a connection between lighting and my migraines - when I was at school many years ago I used to get a migraine every time we did gym inside. I used to think it might be because I was getting overheated etc but looking back I'm fairly sure it was the gym lights. I work in an office and have definitely had migraines start when I have moved from outside to inside.

I agree about the breathing as well. I can sometimes recognise that when I am feeling anxious in a car I am actually almost holding my breath.

I have read Susan Jeffers book and found it very inspiring. However the problem with both reading the books and the course of CBT is that I am just not very good at putting the principles into practice - I somehow just feel too disconnected to apply anything.

Anyway, I have rambled on long enough. I am really grateful for your reply

paula lynne
30-03-11, 22:56
See if you can get hold of Susan Jeffers on tape/cd......you can play it at quiet moments....it may take a while to sink in because of these depersonalisation feelings, but its really been a Godsend to me. Im still listening 10 years down the line....not even when Im anxious anymore, more that I enjoy the soothing nature of her voice and the positive affermations.

RND2011
31-03-11, 19:42
I'd never thought of that. I spend all day looking at screens and books so it would be a great idea to get an audio version.

Interestingly I went to the dentist today and she asked if I have been suffering from headaches, dizziness, feeling exhausted on waking etc. I was flabbergasted. Apparently I have been clamping/ grinding my teeth at night and those sort of symptoms are a typical consequence. They are sorting out a mouthguard to be worn at night. Not sexy, certainly not cheap but here's hoping it makes a difference.

Thanks again for your help.

paula lynne
31-03-11, 19:44
.:)Youre very welcome, all the best with the audio, and the mouthguard, let us know how you get on.